cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Tradelines in Credit Report .... looking back 8 mos ago !!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New Tradelines in Credit Report .... looking back 8 mos ago !!!

I wonder if someone can help me explain more on New Tradelines that are randomly showing in my credit report. I just recently started to fix my "credit problems". Filed for bankruptcy in 2005, Tax Lien (now released), about 9 delinquent collection accounts (are now ALL PAID for but still showing in my credit report. Dates 2011-2013). I haven't checked my credit score since 2005 until April this year (2016), and I got 590-610. I have a  secured card from my bank ($300) only because my bank account got hacked and my banker encouraged me to get a credit card. This was just last year, Feb 2015. Of course, I wasn't approved then, hence the secured card. I've been living off my debit card for 10 years until now. Basically, I don't have any credit history for 10 years. No car payment, no mortgage, no any form of loans. 

Fast forward April 2016. FICO Score 620-640. Applied for credit card just to improve my credit score and get perks and rewards that you see in the mail all the time. I now have: 1) AmEx Delta Platinum SkyMiles $1.5K, 2) Delta Reserve SkyMiles $3.1K, 3) Citi AAdvantage MC $4K, 4) Wells Fargo Propel AmEx $3K, 5) Chase Sapphire Preferred $9K, 6) Chase MileagePlus Explorer $9K, 7) Discover Secured $0.5K, 8)Wells Fargo Secured $0.3K,  9) CreditOne Platinum $0.6K, 10) First Premier $0.3K. I'm very happy to get these premium cards with my FICO Score. I got the last 6 cards in the last 6 weeks.  Utilization 0%. I pay it off as soon as I make the purchase. 

This is my dilemma. New Tradelines are showing in my credit report that "shows" I have a credit history since 2012. I know for sure I don't. These are assigned to some of my credit cards above. About 4 of my accounts have tradelines showing I have a credit history with those banks for since 2012. Is this good or bad? What I've read about tradelines, they can be bought? Or using someone else's good credit? Does this mean I'm using someone else's? I don't want these to become an issuse down the line if it's something fraudulent.

Thanks to anyone who can explain these to me. 

EDIT:

8 months from my 1st post on this forum, I have learned a lot from everyone on here. It seem longer than 8 months, though. The knowledge I have gained on here is just priceless. Wish I had knew about this a long time ago. BUT, it still bewilders me how those tradelines showed up on my account. And just one day, about couple months after I posted this, they were gone from my credit report. I still don't have any answers. And perhaps never will. It was like they appeared just to help me out when I needed it the most and then it went away with no trace. It gave me enough leverage to get the credit cards I wanted and boosted my AAoA. Once I was back on feet, they're were gone. Whatever it was, I am very thankful for it. I couldn't be where I am now without those MYSTERIOUS tradelines showing and giving me some sort of advantage. Although my length of history is now just 1 yr and 11 months, AAoA 7 months, I have the cards I needed to build that in time. 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New Tradelines in Credit Report

I don't understand what you're saying. Are you saying that some of the tradelines that YOU applied for recently are showing that they have been opened since 2012 when they haven't? Which cards exactly?

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

If something is showing on your report that you are not aware of, you should dispute them immediately and add a fraud alert to your files.  If accounts are showing up that you don't recognize, that isn't good based on the fact that your accounts have been hacked before.

Call the bureaus immediately and find out what is going on.

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe any account showing in my credit report is called a tradeline. I'm also reading there are seasoned tradelines that are out there that can be added to your credit report to improve your credit score. Basically, yes, 5 of my New accounts (opened April 2016 to just a week ago), are showing positive (no late payment) Payment History with the banks as far back as 2012. These are 1) Chase Sapphire Preferred $9K, 2) Discover secured card $0.5K, 3) Citi AAdvantage Platinum World $4K, and 4) Home Depot Project Loan installment loan $15K, and 5) Wells Fargo Propel American Express $3K.

It seems to be showing as a positive thing for me since after all the inquiries (about 30 hard inquiries - I was just trying who will give me a benefit of trust) I made the last 2 months, my credit score is actually going up. Just checked my 3 bureau report last night, and it's showing it has gone up 20-25 points in each of them. 

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, these are not accounts that I don't recognize. I just didn't kow what tradelines mean and why its showing Payment History as far back as 2012 on 5 accounts that I just opened last month (April 2016). Seems its a positive thing on my end. My credit scores has gone up after all applications I submitted trying to see who will give me the benefit of trust.

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I believe any account showing in my credit report is called a tradeline. I'm also reading there are seasoned tradelines that are out there that can be added to your credit report to improve your credit score. Basically, yes, 5 of my New accounts (opened April 2016 to just a week ago), are showing positive (no late payment) Payment History with the banks as far back as 2012. These are 1) Chase Sapphire Preferred $9K, 2) Discover secured card $0.5K, 3) Citi AAdvantage Platinum World $4K, and 4) Home Depot Project Loan installment loan $15K, and 5) Wells Fargo Propel American Express $3K.

It seems to be showing as a positive thing for me since after all the inquiries (about 30 hard inquiries - I was just trying who will give me a benefit of trust) I made the last 2 months, my credit score is actually going up. Just checked my 3 bureau report last night, and it's showing it has gone up 20-25 points in each of them. 

I don't understand how an account that was just opened a week ago would be showing up on your reports already, let alone reporting a payment history since 2012. I also don't understand what you're referring to by "seasoned trandelines that can be added to your reports to improve your scores." Are you saying you had somebody add tradelines to your credit reports to improve your scores?

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, these are not accounts that I don't recognize. I just didn't kow what tradelines mean and why its showing Payment History as far back as 2012 on 5 accounts that I just opened last month (April 2016). Seems its a positive thing on my end. My credit scores has gone up after all applications I submitted trying to see who will give me the benefit of trust.

It sounds like it's some type of error, but I honestly don't know.

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Are you sure it is the new accounts that you opened last month that is dating back to 2012?  Can you screenshot what you are seeing?  Because I doubt it is new accounts that is reporting back to 2012.

Unless, you had a accounts prior and never used them or closed them out?.  Bear in mind, close account remain on your reports for 10 years. Out of curiosity, which lenders by name is reporting from 2012? 

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the screenshots of the accounts. I'm not sure I can upload it on here. It doesn't have the link for upload file.  Can you PM me your email and I'd be glad to send it to you. Thanks. 

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you sure it is the new accounts that you opened last month that is dating back to 2012?  Can you screenshot what you are seeing?  Because I doubt it is new accounts that is reporting back to 2012.

Unless, you had a accounts prior and never used them or closed them out?.  Bear in mind, close account remain on your reports for 10 years. Out of curiosity, which lenders by name is reporting from 2012? 

Yes, these are all new accounts. Never had a Chase card before. All previous debt I had went into default and goes back to 2005 when I filed for bankruptcy. The lenders reporting payment history to 2012: 1) Chase, 2) Citibank, 3) Discover, 4) Home Depot Project Loan (Greensky? I think) and 5) Wells Fargo.

Somehow, I really think these are making positive impact on my credit report. Just check TransUnion and it's up 676 from 628. Experian up 635 from 623.  Equifax up 660 from 635. 

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.