cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to the Boards.. Quick Question about the 8.9% utilization I keep reading about on the boards

tag
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: New to the Boards.. Quick Question about the 8.9% utilization I keep reading about on the boards

Hi OP and welcome to MyFICO

It’ll take a minute to get use to all of this. I swear, I thought I never would understand the due date, statement date, not paying interest part. Then after all the guidance on here, one day just out of the blue, it finally clicked—it really was a light bulb moment for me.

Here’s the link to common abbreviations
https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/User-Guidelines-General/Common-Abbreviations/m-p/88458#M23

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 11 of 12
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Re: New to the Boards.. Quick Question about the 8.9% utilization I keep reading about on the boards

Same here I didn't understand but pay it all on due date and spend very little to report then after that you can use as much as you need as long as you are not planning to do a HP for a specific reason and as long as you are able to get it back down to 0 by the due date Smiley Very Happy     I would keep all but one card with 1 dollar if possible or very few dollars reporting on the statement as long as altogether they report 8.9% together and keep one the higher Smiley Very Happy

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.