Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No reporting issue

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

No reporting issue

Hi all,

My capital one card has always reported to all 3 credit bureaus for the past 9 years, now however they haven't reported to TU or EQ since October '18. Is there a way to fix this without adding a dispute?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: No reporting issue

Was there actual usage of the account (new transactions) over the period of non-reporting, or was the account dormant?

Updated reporting is only mandated if information has changed.  See FCRA 623(a)(2).

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

No new transactions as it was carrying a high balance, but I've been making payments on the account each month to lower it. So payments won't count in your credit history unless you've been making new purchases?
Message 3 of 7
Andypanda
Established Contributor

More experieced members can correct me if I am wrong, but I would whink since you have made payments, your utlilazation has changed, and no matter what the CC would report that you are carrying a balance, what anount is posted.

@Anonymous wrote:
No new transactions as it was carrying a high balance, but I've been making payments on the account each month to lower it. So payments won't count in your credit history unless you've been making new purchases?

Message 4 of 7
dynamicvb
Valued Contributor

If you have a balance it should definitely be reporting. Have you called Capital  1 to inquire what may be going on?

Started Rebuild 4/2018: EX 616| TU 604| EQ 621

Current 5/28/20:

First Goal Score: 750+ Reached 3/2019

Next Goal all over 800
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ill try to call them today. Its reporting the correct balance on my EX and shows the green blocks for payment, but no data is reporting for TU or EQ. My lender said its not a problem and I got my first mortgage preapproval last night, so Im not as worried now!
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

All it can take is a single piece of data on either the credit bureau end or your lender end to not jive and it can prevent a reporting.  This can be anything from a social security number to a name variation etc.  My Citi account didn't update on TU for 5 months and it had to do with the suffix on my name for example.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.