Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Inquiries Not Falling off Report

tag
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

Old Inquiries Not Falling off Report

I have 4 inquiries that should have fallen off my report last week, but they're still there. I've check my EX app and Credit Karma, which updated today, and EX updates daily, and they all say the inquiries are supposed to fall off May 4, 2019. Credit Karma shows TU deleted them and I don't think these one's were even on EQ to begin with.

How long do these things usually take to get removed? I tried calling EX yesterday, but the wait time was outrageous, so I just hung up and decided I'd wait till today and ask you guys. EX is usually pretty good about removing things on time, but they seem to be lagging with these ones.

Thanks as always Heart

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Old Inquiries Not Falling off Report

@Queen_Etherea wrote:

I have 4 inquiries that should have fallen off my report last week, but they're still there. I've check my EX app and Credit Karma, which updated today, and EX updates daily, and they all say the inquiries are supposed to fall off May 4, 2019. Credit Karma shows TU deleted them and I don't think these one's were even on EQ to begin with.

How long do these things usually take to get removed? I tried calling EX yesterday, but the wait time was outrageous, so I just hung up and decided I'd wait till today and ask you guys. EX is usually pretty good about removing things on time, but they seem to be lagging with these ones.

Thanks as always Heart

It could take up to a month for the others to catch up, unless you call them. The 3 will not take them off on the date they are supposed to fall off, it’s a delay process that their systems have. Unless you want them off now, call them or else wait for the end the month. I had to call them when I had 2 that were supposed to fall off and TU AND EX removed them that day.

Message 2 of 12
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Queen_Etherea wrote:

Thanks as always Heart

EX removes inquires on first Saturday in the following month. 

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

While I'm sure you already know this, inquiries are only scoreable for 12 months.  Even though they may be irritating to see for another few weeks until they're completely off of your report, at least you know that they aren't causing any damage at this point.

Message 4 of 12
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

While I'm sure you already know this, inquiries are only scoreable for 12 months.  Even though they may be irritating to see for another few weeks until they're completely off of your report, at least you know that they aren't causing any damage at this point.

Very true! It was more out of curiosity than anything. I'm not too worried about a few points here or there. I don't understand why some people freak out if they lose like 3-5 points. Unless you're getting ready to apply for a car or a mortgage or something big like that, there's absolutely no reason to fret about a few points here and there. I doubt my score will even budge 1 point when these 4 fall off, but I wouldn't care anyways LOL. I'm just patiently waiting until my scores are 740 and above, and I'm almost there!

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Message 5 of 12
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

@Queen_Etherea wrote:

Thanks as always Heart

EX removes inquires on first Saturday in the following month. 

Oh yeah! I remember seeing that a while back. Thanks!

Message 6 of 12
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

Just a little update: 

So I finally got around to calline EX. First, I was on hold for 28 minutes just trying to talk to someone. Then, after I spoke to the front line CSR, I was put back on hold for another 17 minutes. I told the guy I had 3 (now 4) inquiries that were too old to be on my report and would like them to be removed. He said that they can take up to 30 days to be removed and then asked if I would like to pursue the matter further. I said no because I was at the library with my son and didn't want to be one of those people on her phone in the library. 

Long story short:  It can take up to 30 days and I'm still waiting. Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 12
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Removal of inquiries at two years is not a statutory exclusion requirement under the FCRA, and thus any delay in removal does not place the CRA in any violation.  It is purely an internal policy decision of the CRA, and thus they have substantial discretion and latitude in when they get around to removal.

To the extent that an inquiry is considered to be an "adverse item of information," it would not have a required exclusion date until it reaches 7 years.  FCRA 605(a)(5).

Message 8 of 12
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

Removal of inquiries at two years is not a statutory exclusion requirement under the FCRA, and thus any delay in removal does not place the CRA in any violation.  It is purely an internal policy decision of the CRA, and thus they have substantial discretion and latitude in when they get around to removal.

To the extent that an inquiry is considered to be an "adverse item of information," it would not have a required exclusion date until it reaches 7 years.  FCRA 605(a)(5).

So, what you're basically saying is that if they wanted to be a-holes, they could leave it on there for 7 years? I mean, I think a simple phone call and asking nicely would get them to remove it. If it's still there in a few months, then I'll call them back, but until then, I'm not too worried about it.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Queen_Etherea understand your wondering about loosing old hard inquiries. Other posters already answered the question. What I will do is confirm the fact that mine were removed but, it seemed to take about 45 to 60 days ... but, they did get removed!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.