Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Other CRA report freezes

tag
drewricomakeubu
Frequent Contributor

Other CRA report freezes

Would it be a terrible idea to place security freezes on Innovis, LexisNexis, Chexsystems? 

if I did this would it make it harder to get credit from say people like Chase or Amex or CapOne? 

Current FICO 8: TU: 814 EX: 774 EQ: 806
Current Cards:
Chase Freedom $800
Chase Ink Unlimited $8,000
American Express BCP: $12,000
Chase Sapphire Preferred $17,100
Blue Business Plus $10,000
Chase Ink Cash $6,000
Capital One Venture X $16,000
American Express Gold
Amazon Prime Amex $3,000
Chase Freedom Unlimited $5,000
Amex Blue Business Plus $6,000
U.S. Bank Business Triple Cash Rewards $3,000

Tour Manager, FOH Engineer, Concert Promoter, HBIC
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
C6
Regular Contributor

Re: Other CRA report freezes

I froze them more than 10 years ago and never looked back.

Message 2 of 3
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Other CRA report freezes

@drewricomakeubu wrote:

Would it be a terrible idea to place security freezes on Innovis, LexisNexis, Chexsystems? 

if I did this would it make it harder to get credit from say people like Chase or Amex or CapOne? 

It definitely is not a terrible idea especially in light of the amount of fraud ongoing nowadays, but it's something you need to manage.  

The degree of negative impact it would have on acquiring new credit if you didn't temporarily unfreeze your reports would be a YMMV, that would depend on the content of your specific profile and who you were seeking additional credit from.   To give a specific example US Bank has a history of denying applications for credit because the applicant had frozen SageStream (now part of Lexis Nexis).

Having them frozen should also help reduce the number of unsolicited offers of credit, but that can be seen either as a positive or a negative depending on one's personal viewpoint.

(9/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.