Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PNC website

tag
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

PNC website

Ok I have been on their website and can't seem to maneuver what I want to do .

Does anyone know if you remove an AU or do you have to call? I can see where you can add but not remove . Also I have tried the send message and that doesn't see to be working either 😡

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: PNC website

would think you would have to call which should be quick enough.  I am having another issue my CL isnt reflecting payments being balance going down which is strange but showing payment shrug.  Some strange bug that never ran across before

Message 2 of 7
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

I looked at their App.  I saw the option to add an AU; no option to Remove an AU.  Looks like one needs to call?

Message 3 of 7
rgate88
Regular Contributor

Yes have to call, cannot do it through the app or the website

CO Platinum - $500; CO Quicksilver - $2,000; Marcus GM BuyPower - $700; Target MC - $9,000; Chase Amazon Prime - $17,300; PNC Core - $27,000; Citi DoubleCash - $8,300 - AmEx Everyday - $2,500 (was $20,000); Citi Simplicity - $29,500; Chase World of Hyatt - $17,300; PayPal LOC - $10,000; PNC Cash Rewards - $36,000; U.S. Bank Altitude Go - $15,000; AmEx Platinum - NPSL ($7,800 POT); Elan Max Cash (Alliance CU) - $25,000; Alliance CU LOC - $2,000; BMO Harris Cash Back (Was Bank of the West Cash Back) - $3,000; (Closed Block-Fi - $15,000 RIP); Wells Fargo Autograph Visa - $10,000; Chase Freedom Flex - $20,300; Venmo - $15,000; AllTru LOC - $10,000

Business Trade Lines - Chase Ink Cash - $4,000 (original limit $19,600); Chase Ink Preferred - $10,000; AmEx BBP - $5,500; Hilton Honors Business - $5,000; FNBO Evergreen Business - $15,000; Elan Business Visa (Alliance CU) - $20,000; Citi Business AAdvantage Platinum Select - $16,000; Marcus GM Business - $2,500; Kabbage LOC - $9,500; Marriott Bonvoy Business - $14,600; Barclays AAdvantage Aviator WE Business - $7,000; IHG Rewards Premier Business - $5,000; Delta Platinum Business - $16,400; Edward Jones Business (Elan) - $2,000; Barclays Wyndham Earner Business - $7,000

Total CLI - $399,900
Message 4 of 7
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Your AU's card number is the same as your card, therefore it'll be necessary to change your card number as they remove the AU. (This is typical Visa. MC's and Amex generally give AU's their own card number which can be cancelled on its own.)

Message 5 of 7
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Interesting @ChargedUp.

So you are saying that the lack of an AU removal is a Visa and not Issuer limitation?

Message 6 of 7
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

@NoMoreE46 wrote:

Interesting @ChargedUp.

So you are saying that the lack of an AU removal is a Visa and not Issuer limitation?

In a way, yes. Of all the MC's I have, my wife only has the same card number with Citizens as an AU. With Visa, all her AU cards have the same number except one bank (which I can't remember which one... I'm thinking NASAFCU though.) Amex also issues unique card numbers to AU's. Discover has its way of being able to activate and deactivate cards using an issue sequence number, so I'm not sure as far as they go.

AU's having their own card number makes it much easier to cancel as all the lender needs to do is deactivate their card and remove their name from the account. When everyone has the same card number, a new number needs to be issued to deactivate the AU card from the account.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.