Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal Credit Nightmare

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PayPal Credit Nightmare

I have been a long time lurker and now I need help.... I have had a Newegg account and OnSale account forever, when they were originally transferred way back in the day to paypaypal credit, they closed all cards down and the payment sites, ok fine.. so I know because I have been paying them forever to call on 2 specific days each month to make my payments. Mind you I only have about 3 payments left on each. Now I called last month to make my payment and was told that I couldn't on that particular day make advanced payments because they were in the process of switching all accounts to Synchrony and to call back later in month meaning June 30 and do that. So now I call in because i remember a payment is due and the number1-888-609-0794 that I always call is disconnected, im like **bleep**?? so I called synchony and they pulled up all of my accounts and nothing the only ones they cant find are the 2 I need to make payments on.. OK so i call paypal credit (which is how they would answer the phone) and same thing No we dont have those 2 account.. I know I owe money I know i have payments do I cant make a payment because no one has my accounts. Now of course your at risk of getting reporting to Credit report and late fees.. But no one has my account info.. I have never ever been late with a payment on anything ever.. I was on the phone with over no exaggeration 30 dif people yesterday supervisors account managers reps and nothing paypal credit says nope no accounts, synchrony said nope no accounts Comenity says they never even heard of these cards (I called commenity too because Synchrony said Commenity handles ONSALE.......... what am I supposed to do I wanna scream Im soo PO.. Any ideas?

7 REPLIES 7
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: PayPal Credit Nightmare

They didn't send a letter or email about the change over? Because emails have been going out for the last couple of months with the expected unavailability dates. Maybe you can check your spam folder and see if there's a number to contact?

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

No nothing at all. All I have are email recipts with my confirmation number and number to call, and of course that number when you call it asks for your phone number you put it in and it says please hold then it rings and says the number is not on service. It is making me crazy. Ive called every possible phone number there is and these 2 accounts no one can seem to find who has them or services them. Synchrony said to me  they service them but does not have one in my name, they pulled up all of my other accounts one by one but not those 2.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm running into the same problem with the old NewEgg Preferred account that I still need to pay on.  Tried going the back way through PayPal credit, to get transferred to the NewEgg, but it hasn't worked.  All the numbers I have keep disconnecting.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm running into the same problem with the old NewEgg Preferred account that I still need to pay on.  Tried going the back way through PayPal credit, to get transferred to the NewEgg, but it hasn't worked.  All the numbers I have keep disconnecting.

I know all numbers are and when you call paypal they have no idea where else to even look. I am at my wits end. I was on the phone about 5 hours yesterday talking to so many people telling me nope no account found. They have my others just not the ones I am lookint to pay. 

Message 5 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Did you ever have mailing addresses for making payments?
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've got it somewhere, may end up going that direction if they don't forward the phones correctly.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have one too but they told me last month that is the incorrect addrsss because synchrony is taking over, I asked for the new one and they said when I called back after the 24th they can provide with me all the new info.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.