Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paypal

Ok thinking about applying for PayPal credit in 5 months because of it being hidden and the 6 month finance, but heard they will be switching to synchrony bank. So does that mean the tradeline will not be hidden any more?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paypal

Depends what bank it is when you actually apply. If it is synchrony then it will no longer be hidden. If it is the current format then it will remain hidden.
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think we know the answer to that yet.

Message 3 of 12
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

I don't think we know the answer to that yet.

True, we really won't know until the switch to Synchrony, but I don't believe there's ever been any Synchrony credit product that didn't report to all 3 CRAs. I'm not concerned, I've never had PP Credit balance over a couple hundred - it's only 6 months 0% deferred interest. But maybe Synchrony will improve that, for $299+ I can get 12 months 0% deferred on my Walmart card, and 6,12 or 18 months on my Lowes card - with Lowes depends on the current promo.

Message 4 of 12
marty56
Super Contributor

This could get interesting.  What would happen if you had a Paypal account for say 5 years and they start to report.  I hope the open datew would be when you opended the account.  IMHO this could open the door to Synchrony for people who have had Paypal accounts for years regardless.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 5 of 12
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@marty56wrote:

This could get interesting.  What would happen if you had a Paypal account for say 5 years and they start to report.  I hope the open date would be when you opened the account.  IMHO this could open the door to Synchrony for people who have had Paypal accounts for years regardless.

Oh, that would be sweet, I hadn't thought of that. I opened my PP Credit account back around 2008 when it was Bill Me Later.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm personally wondering whether, once Synchrony takes over, the door will be re-opened for people who had PayPal Credit accounts when they were handled by Comenity but closed them due to their being IIB. I had to include a Bill Me Later/PP Credit account in my 2014 BK filing, and struck out on an attempt to reinstate last week.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just hope i get in the door before the switch.
Message 8 of 12
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

I'm personally wondering whether, once Synchrony takes over, the door will be re-opened for people who had PayPal Credit accounts when they were handled by Comenity but closed them due to their being IIB. I had to include a Bill Me Later/PP Credit account in my 2014 BK filing, and struck out on an attempt to reinstate last week.

I actually lucked out on that, my Bill Me Later/PP Credit survived my 2010 BK7. I hadn't used it for awhile, $0 balance, and I'd forgotten about it and didn't include it on my list of creditors to my attorney. I didn't have any other Comenity accounts so they were never informed or found out. A few months after discharge I was cleaning out my file cabinet and found the docs, logged into the account and found it still open with available credit. I've been using it ever since. If Synchrony reports it with the 2008 opening date it would be my oldest open CL. My oldest tradeline is a store card for Ulitmate Electronics in Vegas opened in 2004, for some reason Synch still reports that long closed TL.

Message 9 of 12
Goal_Getter
New Contributor

So if Paypal Credit is a “hidden” tradeline then does that mean that the HP’s are “hidden” too? I wouldnt mind have Paypal credit and it would be a plus if they’re thinking of moving to synchrony. That would probably be my only way in with them. Synchrony hates me!
Starting Score: 550
Current Scores: EQ 658 EX 651 TU 669
Goal Score: 700
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.