Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems removing Equifax freeze

tag
I_Love_Cards
Regular Contributor

Re: Problems removing Equifax freeze

@Anonymous wrote:
When I pull Equifax it shows under personal information it states the security freeze will be there for one year

Thank you.  Mine doesn't say anything about a freeze anywhere in my personal info.  Bummer.  

Message 11 of 21
I_Love_Cards
Regular Contributor

In case anyone encounters this issue and finds this via Google, I called in again-only this time the automated dude couldn't verify my info so he hung up on me and locked my online account.  Sigh.  

So I called a different number-this time the automated guy said all was good (with the same info), and I was forwarded to someone who asked verification questions that made me LoL (do you have any bank or credit card?  Buddy-are ya looking at the same file?).  

Anyway-he encountered an error (system error) when trying to remove the freeze for me.  He consulted with the Office of Consumer Affairs  - about 17 times - and they also encountered a system error. 

So the problem is some technical glitch in Equifax's super duper secure systems.  

I would ask them to turn it off and back on again but that would probably crash the whole thing or we'd all end up with split files. 

As of now, the Office of Consumer Affairs (for which I was not given any contact info) is in charge of figuring out a resolution.  They think it'll take 10-15 days.  Maybe more.  They will give me a call "from time to time" to update me.  

Credit file is accessible to me and existing creditors.  No way to give access to a new creditor (not even with a code). Not that I am on the hunt for a new creditor right now-but that's not the point.  

I am never locking Equifax again.  This is dumb.  And far too much time and effort.  

Anyway-I'll update with more info as I have it-more so if anyone has the same issue - maybe it'll be helpful for them.  

Message 12 of 21
I_Love_Cards
Regular Contributor

And as always - thanks all for the replies and the help.  

Message 13 of 21
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

This is why i dont ever want to put a freeze on Eq. They are too incompetent and in my case i can never get my info online from them. When i had it froze, no one could ever access my report, not even CK or MyFico. I would love to dispute some stuff on my report but am scared ill end up with split files or a 3 headed gila monsterSmiley Wink. I just keep it locked with my TU subscription. Equihack equisuxSmiley Wink
Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's incredible and I guess somewhat predictable w Equifax.
But I am sorry you endured this. Can I bother u for the phone number for a human?
I've went through a somewhat similar situation last year when EQ through a freeze on all 3, and after requesting them to remove it they did and immediately gave another security freeze wich of course was back on.other 2 beaureas
Message 15 of 21
OmarR
Established Contributor

I wish everyone the best that has problems with Equifax. I can unfreeze and freeze all day long with them.

EQ=850   EX=845   TU=843       0/24       UTIL=$1    AZEO

Message 16 of 21
I_Love_Cards
Regular Contributor

Interestingly, Joe-my CK seems unable to update EQ today.  It's previously updated with a freeze. It’s due to update today, and TU updated this AM, but EQ keeps saying next update due in x number of hours where the number of hours keeps going up.

I done broke the freeze.  Or EQ entirely (although they didn't have far to go).  

And I didn’t get a number direct to a human. I ended up calling the number that showed up when I tried to sign up for the Lock app (which it wouldn’t let me do). Same verification guy. He just happened to let me in.

Message 17 of 21
I_Love_Cards
Regular Contributor

@OmarR wrote:

I wish everyone the best that has problems with Equifax. I can unfreeze and freeze all day long with them.

I had been too.  Until this time.  

Message 18 of 21
I_Love_Cards
Regular Contributor

Update:

So the freeze has been removed. Ok.

In addition-my Equifax and credit karma are showing 0 inquiries (LOL) and no payment history for all but one of my accounts. Credit karma also thinks all of my accounts were removed (but it still shows them...). My Equifax says my credit report has no status. I don’t know if that just means it’s not frozen? I never looked at that field before so I don’t know what it “should” say.

Oh the plus side-with my 0 inquiries and impeccable payment history (or - no negative payment history) my Vantage score is fantastic! LOL.

I also have a brand new address in a state I have never even been to (no co-signed or AU accounts so this isn’t another borrower’s updated address-and it’s not on any other report).

I fear this is not the kind of progress I’m hoping for. I will see where this shakes out. Hopefully it is in some sort of transition and it will be all fixed up in the next couple of weeks. LOLOL. I’m sure that’s it.

Anyway-I’m continuing to document should anyone else google and come across this at a future point.
Message 19 of 21
delaney1
Established Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
This is why i dont ever want to put a freeze on Eq. They are too incompetent and in my case i can never get my info online from them. When i had it froze, no one could ever access my report, not even CK or MyFico. I would love to dispute some stuff on my report but am scared ill end up with split files or a 3 headed gila monsterSmiley Wink. I just keep it locked with my TU subscription. Equihack equisuxSmiley Wink

What TU subscription is this that allows you to lock Equifax?

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.