Did you mean: 

Problems with TransUnion

tag
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Problems with TransUnion

@Anonymous wrote:
Yeah I was wagering I needed to wait until after the holidays to hopefully try and get a supervisor who could look closer at my profile as the other people were literally just walking in circles the entire time I talked to them. And they all ended up blaming the creditors. Surely 4 different banks couldn’t all be making the exact same mistake?

In regards to NFCU, I had kind of a mixed experience there. I called twice to recon, the first woman literally told me they were going to re-pull my TransUnion and I was like...why? I literally just applied for this card yesterday. I stated I only wanted to recon my starting limit, not ask for an increase. And the second lady I spoke to, basically said my initial limit will be the max they give me until 6 months have passed and recon probably wouldn’t work, but that she would do it if I wanted. I applied for the card via the welcome call, who basically urged me to. Despite me telling her that I was having problems with TransUnion right now. My TransUnion score should actually be (if myFICO simulator is somewhat accurate) around 671. It still shows as 656. So I’m not entirely sure what to do there either lol.

Sometimes one has to accept that no means no. And, yes, asking for a recon is synonymous to asking for an increase. You want a larger SL. Also, simulators mean nothing--literally. 

As far as NFCU is concerned, I suggest and IMHO that you wait 3 months to apply for a CLI or 6 mos to apply for another NFCU product. By that time, your card will have aged another 3-6 months and NFCU will see some history. 

GL2U

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry for the delayed response, holiday get togethers and all.
I do understand no means no, just in honesty I didn’t really wanna apply for the NFCU card yet, and although it was ultimately my decision, she did keep pressuring me to apply for it, and ultimately I gave in despite knowing they were going to pull TransUnion and knowing it wasn’t accurate. I just wished I had waited and got better results with it I suppose.

I am grateful regardless, considering how far I’ve come in just a year past bankruptcy, just figured it wouldn’t hurt to try the recon. Thanks for the feedback.
Message 12 of 13
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Sorry for the delayed response, holiday get togethers and all.
I do understand no means no, just in honesty I didn’t really wanna apply for the NFCU card yet, and although it was ultimately my decision, she did keep pressuring me to apply for it, and ultimately I gave in despite knowing they were going to pull TransUnion and knowing it wasn’t accurate. I just wished I had waited and got better results with it I suppose.

I am grateful regardless, considering how far I’ve come in just a year past bankruptcy, just figured it wouldn’t hurt to try the recon. Thanks for the feedback.

Happy holidays and dont beat yourself up. We have all been there--playing Monday morning quarterback--wishing we had just waited til our scores were higher, our AAOA older, our UT lower, our inqs less.

Yes, in hindsight, we all would have made a different choice. But tomorrow is another day and we treat our impatience as a lesson-learned. TIME on your side will make all these factors worthwhile when you apply again.

GL2U

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.