Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quizzle vs FICO

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quizzle vs FICO

I did the whole quizzle thing (quicken loans) and it gave me a 617. When a lender pulled my FICO score she said it was at a 565. Why the big difference?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: Quizzle vs FICO

Is Quizzle a FICO score?  I never heard of them.

Also which CRA did they pull.  If it was TU, it could be TU98 vs TU08.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe it was experian.
Message 3 of 11
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
I did the whole quizzle thing (quicken loans) and it gave me a 617. When a lender pulled my FICO score she said it was at a 565. Why the big difference?

Hello and welcome.

The score you get from Quizzle is not a FICO score. It's what we call a FAKO (or non-FICO) and is therefore worthless. The lender has access to all true FICO scores. From the CMS Guide here onsite:

Quizzle.com  -  FREE to $25.00/mo  -  FAKO (CE Score)  -  There is a free aspect to this service where you can pull your EX report and FAKO twice each year, as weell as have the ability to pull extra EX reports at $7/each. As an add-on, you can subscribe to their monitoring service starting at $15/mo called "Level One". Under this plan, you can pull a new report and score monthly and it provides monitoring of your EX report. For $25/mo, you have access to "Level Two" which includes the same as Level One but adds in ID theft insurance. The FAKO score offered is called a “CE Score” and developed by CE Analytics.  Updated 2/23/2012

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! Needless to say I unsubscribed from their service!
Message 5 of 11
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks! Needless to say I unsubscribed from their service!

It's still a useful service to get another peek at your EX report every six months, just ignore the score.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 11
2NE1
Established Contributor

@Walt_K are you saying that one can pull an EX report (for free) every six months? cause I signed up around January and won't update it unless I pay. Smiley Indifferent
Message 7 of 11
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@2NE1 wrote:
@Walt_K are you saying that one can pull an EX report (for free) every six months? cause I signed up around January and won't update it unless I pay. Smiley Indifferent

Yes.  I haven't been there in a while, but unless they have changed things, they let you have a free update every 6 months.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

"The score you get from Quizzle is not a FICO score. It's what we call a FAKO (or non-FICO) and is therefore worthless. The lender has access to all true FICO scores."

OK, but that doesn't explain the difference between FICO and CE Analytics.  Obviously, I don't expect you to reveal the formula used to calculate FICO, but clearly different things are being taken into account.  Can you shed some light on the differences?  Seems odd that one person's scores can vary so much, given that there's only one data set to go on...

Message 9 of 11
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

"The score you get from Quizzle is not a FICO score. It's what we call a FAKO (or non-FICO) and is therefore worthless. The lender has access to all true FICO scores."

OK, but that doesn't explain the difference between FICO and CE Analytics.  Obviously, I don't expect you to reveal the formula used to calculate FICO, but clearly different things are being taken into account.  Can you shed some light on the differences?  Seems odd that one person's scores can vary so much, given that there's only one data set to go on...

That's hard to figure out with Quizzle because you can't pull whenever you want (e.g. daily) like you can with FICO. In studying FAKOs, the differences between FICO and FAKO include info like:

-inquiries being scored for 2 yrs vs. FICO's one.

-inquiries not being ignored for duplicate apps for car, SL, and mortgage loans.

-some FAKOs score CLs; you can lose points if you have low limit CCs...not so with FICO.

-some FAKOs ignore AU accounts.

-some FAKOs heavily score installment util unlike FICO.

-some FAKOs will ding you for not having an account each for mortgage, auto, personal loans, etc. FICO views them the same.

-some FAKOs forgive high util; not so with FICO.

-some FAKOs count collections into your history.

-Some FAKOs and FICOs count baddies differently.

-FAKOs don't use scoring buckets.

-FAKOs don't have FICO's score range of 300-850.

-and many more...generally speaking. Each FAKO is different.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.