cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recently received a letter and check from Wells Fargo. Do I have a case against them?

tag
creditalchemist
Valued Member

Recently received a letter and check from Wells Fargo. Do I have a case against them?

I recently received a letter and check in the mail from Wells Fargo stating that on 2 separate occasions they wrongfully placed restraints on 2 accounts I had. (See attached)

Accounts were closed and both my credit score and profile were impacted for several years.

Does anyone know what type of attorney I should consult to determine if additional damages and/or compensation is due to me? A ‘credit attorney?’'

Can anyone recommend any sites that may have information I can review?

I’m going to contact the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau as well.

Thanks!

WF.png

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Recently received a letter and check from Wells Fargo. Do I have a case against them?

Consistent with comment made in that letter, restraints are placed against deposit accounts.  This is probably above the pay grade of an online forum but you might consider lining up a free consult with a local attorney specializing in banking and finance issues vs. credit/credit repair to discuss the specifics around your specific senario. 

It could be that you have a viable case but the legal fees vs. probable damages recovered may prevent the juice from being worth the squeeze.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 2 of 4
creditalchemist
Valued Member

Re: Recently received a letter and check from Wells Fargo. Do I have a case against them?

Thanks for the reply.

This helps.

Message 3 of 4
ThomasJNewton
Frequent Contributor

If you are considering action, do not cash their check, as it almost certainly includes a release from liability. It might not be binding, but it would make any case harder.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.