Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remark added to your account.

tag
Creditin
New Contributor

Remark added to your account.

Contrary to the advise I provide, decided to close all my low limit Cap1 cards. (3).

Everything was fine until today. According to Credit Karma.

I expected around  a 10 to 15 points decrease but never happened.

I lost a point per for charging $700. 1 from Trans. To 806 and 1 from Equifax. To 799.

I know this are fakos, but I don't need anything else, unless I'm applying for something.

They give me a range. That's all.

However, today I see the "Remark thing" to my closed Cap1 accounts.

I went to AnnualCredit report for Equifax ( Trans needs to wait until Sat. That's when I check 'em)

And the accounts appear closed by consumer request, but no Remarks.

Shall I call Cap1?, or this in not important.

Cheers.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

Re: Remark added to your account.

"Closed at consumer request" is probably the remark. And, it's neutral or positive. Wouldn't worry about it. JMO, good luck!

FICO Resilience Index: 64. Cards: 5/24, 2/12, 2/6. Accounts including loans: 8/24, 4/12, 3/6. Card CLs total $213,900, or $240,400 including the AU card. Cards (oldest to newest)

Authorized user / Corporate / Auto loans / Personal loan
Message 2 of 5
Creditin
New Contributor

@KJinNC wrote:

"Closed at consumer request" is probably the remark. And, it's neutral or positive. Wouldn't worry about it. JMO, good luck!

You are right. Thank You !!!.

Bunch of alarmists.

It is positive. I gained 5 months in the AAoA.

Cheers.

Message 3 of 5
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Creditin wrote:

Contrary to the advise I provide, decided to close all my low limit Cap1 cards. (3).

Everything was fine until today. According to Credit Karma.

I expected around  a 10 to 15 points decrease but never happened.

I lost a point per for charging $700. 1 from Trans. To 806 and 1 from Equifax. To 799.

I know this are fakos, but I don't need anything else, unless I'm applying for something.

They give me a range. That's all.

However, today I see the "Remark thing" to my closed Cap1 accounts.

I went to AnnualCredit report for Equifax ( Trans needs to wait until Sat. That's when I check 'em)

And the accounts appear closed by consumer request, but no Remarks.

Shall I call Cap1?, or this in not important.

Cheers.

I don't understand what the problem is. You closed the accounts, and it says they were closed by consumer request. So what's the problem?

Total revolving limits 587500 (521k reporting) FICO 8: EQ 706 TU 714 EX 721

Message 4 of 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Creditin wrote:

@KJinNC wrote:

You are right. Thank You !!!.

Bunch of alarmists.

It is positive. I gained 5 months in the AAoA.

Cheers.

AAoA's doesnt move with closed accounts. Open/Closed are figured into your AAoA's with FICO. Vantage doesnt count closed accounts. Is that where you saw the gain?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.