Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing inquiries

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Removing inquiries

I have been trying to do my own credit repair. The CRA sent me an updated copy of my CR and they added two years to an old inquiry. Making it four years. Can they do that? I read if you were denied credit, the inquiry can be removed.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Removing inquiries

Inquiries only affect your FICO for the first year.  After that they may show on your report, but they don't factor into your score.  You can't remove an inquiry for something you applied for denied or not.

Message 2 of 4
RonM21
Valued Contributor

So no, they can't add 2 extra years

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 4
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
 I read if you were denied credit, the inquiry can be removed.

Always consider your sources, validate and corroborate.  A denial is not a basis for disputing an inquiry.  The inquiry is valid whether or not you are approved.

Inquiries typically have a small impact.  If you're seeing bigger impact from an inquiry then your problem lies elsewhere on your reports and not with your inquiries.  Work on addressing those issues.  Do not rely on disputing inquiries to improve your credit profile.  Inquiries lose their scoring impact at 1 year anyway as stated above.

@Anonymous wrote:
The CRA sent me an updated copy of my CR and they added two years to an old inquiry. Making it four years.

Can you provide a screenshot of the entry for that inquiry?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.