Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renting and Utilities

tag
Reyesz
Valued Member

Renting and Utilities

Does anyone know of a good Company that reports On time Rent and Utility payments to the Credit Card companys

Thanks I nned your helpSmiley Sad

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Reyesz
Valued Member

Rent Reporters

Has anyone used this Company I am thinking about it

I would appreciate any feedback

Message 2 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Renting and Utilities

Most rental companies and utililties dont report to the CRA until there is a delinquency.  It cost them $$ to do regular monthly reporting of good stuff.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rent Reporters

@Reyesz wrote:

Has anyone used this Company I am thinking about it

I would appreciate any feedback

Well... what company are you thinking about? There is/was (not sure) a CRA that collects data on rental & utility payments: PRBC. But, I have no idea at all if anyone use them, or how/when they're used.

Message 4 of 6
ILBrian
Regular Contributor

Re: Rent Reporters

my gas company reports monthly.... I know the gas/electric company in wisconsin does as well (I am in IL) so I would assume a lot of them potentially report?

Rent I have never heard of reporting

Wallet: Discover IT, Discover Gas, Citi Professional (6.74% apr), Chase Freedom, Cap1 Quciksilver, Élan Financial Rewards, BOA Amex, Walmart, CareCredit, Paypal Smart Connect, Kohls, HSBC Cash or Fly, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Amex Zync, Amex Blue Cash Preferred, USAA Plat Rewards, Chase Ink, NFCU Plat
Message 5 of 6
veracious
Established Contributor

Re: Renting and Utilities

@Reyesz wrote:

Does anyone know of a good Company that reports On time Rent and Utility payments to the Credit Card companys

Thanks I nned your helpSmiley Sad

Hi, Reyesz.

What are you trying to accomplish?     Are you a landlord or tenant?

I know that in every  large city and most medium-sized cities there are tenant screening firms that pull credit reports

on prospective tenants for small and medium-sized landlords and cooperative housing associations.

Is this what you are looking for?   Or,  are you looking to hire someone to report your rent payment history?

It would be difficult to find someone reliable to report  your payment history to the credit bureaus without

your landlord already having a relationship with a tenant screening/reporting  firm who has that capability.

For what it's worth, I live in a major city and have never heard of a firm that would report  your payment history

to the credit bureaus.  However;   Experian plans to introduce this feature in the near future.

There is speculation on whether it will be relevent because there are currently no scoring algorithms  for this type of reporting.

Give more information about your needs and I'm sure someone on the boards has some experience.

Hope this helps.

edited:  spelling

Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.