Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting before delivery

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reporting before delivery

Hi All,

I want to make a furniture purchase in advance for my new home. My question is, does anyone know if they will report even though it wont be delivered until a later date. Will they report right away or will they report after it gets delivered? Synchrony

As you may know, I don't want this to report while I'm trying to close on a home. I dont want this to affect my DTI.

Any help on this question would be appreciated.. Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: Reporting before delivery

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi All,

I want to make a furniture purchase in advance for my new home. My question is, does anyone know if they will report even though it wont be delivered until a later date. Will they report right away or will they report after it gets delivered? Synchrony

As you may know, I don't want this to report while I'm trying to close on a home. I dont want this to affect my DTI.

Any help on this question would be appreciated.. Thanks

I would NOT purchase anything until you closed and got the keys............................................

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 2 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Only the business/creditor can tell you (1) if they even report to the CRAs, and (2) if they do, at what point in the process.

Call them and ask........

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

My experience with Synch is that there isn't time to brew a cup on my Keurig between approval and reporting. As stated, don't app for anything until the loan is funded and you have keys in hand.

Message 4 of 7
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My experience with Synch is that there isn't time to brew a cup on my Keurig between approval and reporting. As stated, don't app for anything until the loan is funded and you have keys in hand.

I totally agree with not doing anything that may jeopardize the approval process.  Even if it's stated that it won't report until a certain date anything could happen to upset that guarantee.  Just like CSR that say it's a SOFT PULL AND THEN YOU GET A HARD PULL.

Message 5 of 7
ccquest
Established Contributor

Combining with the above, even if the account doesn't report the inquiry will probably show and that's enough to let the mortgage company know you're looking at other lending.
as of 1/1/23
Current Cards:
Message 6 of 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

As mentioned by others upthread, SYNCB accounts tend to report within 24-72 hours.  The inquiry alone will be visible.  @Anonymous - don't jeopardize your mortgage process over furniture.  These kind of things can wait until your mortgage is closed and funded - keys in hand.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.