Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SS inaccuracy

tag
Chala
Contributor

SS inaccuracy

I currently have Capital One Quick Silver one card and recently got approved and recieved Capital One Walmarts Mastercard. However when i was not able to link them online i had to give Cap one a call. They told me that there was a problem with the Walmarts card on my online application my social security number was enter wrong, i got the two number mixed up. My question is how did they associate a wrong social security number with me? I almost had the fraud close the account thinking it was intended for someone else!

4 REPLIES 4
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: SS inaccuracy

Most likely all the other info matched up in their records. Im curious how they even approved you with an inaccurate social security number?

Message 2 of 5
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Chala  my application with Citi started with "we'll let you know in 15 days", I called and the reason was I transposed last two digits of my social security number.

Other time I was playing with Discover prequal , had no offers, then got the letter stating "incorrect as number"

Dyslexia 😐

Usually, the three point match is sufficient for CRA to *connect the dots* but four point is what's needed for lender to truly establish it's really you.

Those are name, dob, address, ss.

If one of those does not match, lender may deny or proceed with verification. 

Message 3 of 5
Chala
Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

Most likely all the other info matched up in their records. Im curious how they even approved you with an inaccurate social security number?

Exactly i asked them the same thing, they just started studdering and say's my middle two numbers of the social security were swicthed somehow. I don't know what to think of all of this.

Message 4 of 5
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

Small potatoesSmiley Wink

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.