Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scorable inquiries...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Scorable inquiries...

EDIT- Before applying for my newest card Citi rewards my "TRANS UNION" report showed 6 inquiries but only two scorable. I had 3 in past year 2 being from synchrony for Walmart and Amazon on December 12th the other was Barclays in October.
After applying I checked trans Union and the inquiry is there but when I checked inquiries in past year it tells me only two... Is this a glitch or any idea? I did the 3 beaurea pull for 1$ from experian.com Wich is usually accurate.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Scorable inquiries...

Inquiries can only be counted on a per bureau basis.  You originally stated inquiries present on EX, but later sounded like you were comparing them to the inquiries on your TU report.  These are different bureaus, so they'll have different inquiry data.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes that was a mistake. Ty I didn't realize it. I meant TU. I had 2 scoreable before approval, still shows 2 scoreable even with the extra hp. I have 4 in past year.
Citi7/19/19
Synchrony 1 Walmart 1 Amazon 12/12/18
Barclays-10/20/18
I get the 2 synchrony being combined but not sure why the latest doesn't affect my score. Either way I'm happy Citi only pulled trans Union I'm in Massachusetts.
Hope I cleared up the misunderstanding
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

However many inquiries you have on any given bureau (TU in this case) in the last 365 are scoreable inquiries by the Fico algorithm.  It sounds like you have 4 within that time frame, so 4 are being considered by Fico scoring.

What a CMS says really isn't relevant, as their front-end summary software is just there for fluff.  They can say you have 4 scoreable inquiries, 2, 8, etc. and it doesn't matter... just know that the Fico algorithm is considering 4 in your case.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

That makes sense. Ty for clearing that up. I'm glad this should be the last time I ever have to worry about inquiries.. since I'll spread my apps out and credit report will be stronger in future. Looking back at the hard pulls I took in the past 2 years and thought I was going to see approvals makes me laugh. Live and learn
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

HPs in the grand scheme of things are super irrelevant, almost like pissing in the ocean.  Those that reference problems (app denials, etc) related to HPs 9 times out of 10 have something more significant going on with their file than HPs such as negative items, high utilization, young history, thin file, etc. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.