cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Silent triple pulls: How often with apps?

tag
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Do lenders extra pull [SP] often with apps?

@calyx Chase stopped SPs for me after CSP app about 6-8 weeks later. During that time, one SP on EX every two weeks 😐

I felt like I robbed them the entire time 

Message 11 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

Probably happens. Amex double pulled me, ex and one of the other ones. Can't remember which, but both were hard.

Double hard pulls aren't uncommon; Chase does this often.  I'm much more interested in the SPs though that go along with a HP, as those are the silent ones that people many times don't know even happened.

Message 12 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Remedios wrote:

Chase will SP frequently  in addition to HP. 

For me SP was EQ (TrustedID showed SPs), HP on the other two. 

I'd call that silent triple pull 

Great data above on the silent triple pull.  I received a double HP from Chase as well, but have no idea if they grabbed a SP on the 3rd bureau at the same time.  It sounds like it definitely could have happened, though. 

Message 13 of 34
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Remedios.  Can you give us a recap on how TrustedID works?  Is it free? 

It hadn't occured to me to use it since I can get frequent reports from other free tools, but the soft-pull feature might be enough to make me want to, especially if the soft-pull and locking features apply to all three bureaus.

Did you have to sign up for this shortly after the EQ data breach to get it?  Is it too late now?

Signed up after data breach. EQ ended it in February of this year for me. 

It's no longer available for anyone. 

Message 14 of 34
calyx
Super Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

@calyx Chase stopped SPs for me after CSP app about 6-8 weeks later. During that time, one SP on EX every two weeks 😐

YUP, I just looked, and sho' nuff, every two weeks.   

It's that jerk you only went on a couple of dates with that thinks they should know who you're hanging out with all the time.

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 15 of 34
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@calyx wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

It's that jerk you only went on a couple of dates with that thinks they should know who you're hanging out with all the time.

Smiley LOL

I hate "whatcha doin'" pulls. 

I also looked and there are two SPs from US bank. I know one was for checking, but the other one corresponds with Cash+ app, so they SP EX in addition to TU HP. 

Message 16 of 34
calyx
Super Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

@calyx wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

Smiley LOL

I hate "whatcha doin'" pulls. 

I also looked and there are two SPs from US bank. I know one was for checking, but the other one corresponds with Cash+ app, so they SP EX in addition to TU HP. 

I noticed USBank has a couple of extra SPs in there, but at least it's a couple of extras over several months, not a driveby every night Smiley Wink
Plus my USBank is secured, I know they don't auto-graduate, but I might automatically get funneled into the greater risk pile.

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 17 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Silent triple pulls: How often with apps?

This is awesome that you thought about this. Obviously this is not talked about often.
Now it seems like most smart Banks check all of your credit so does it really even matter which one gets the hard pull...
this is interesting to me especially since my TransUnion is my best score and least inquiries, but can't find anything besides PayPal that will pull my transunion and I don't know what I think about that card. Great data on this thread.
It just makes sense that they would do this but I never thought about it LOL
Message 18 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
This is awesome that you thought about this. Obviously this is not talked about often.
Now it seems like most smart Banks check all of your credit so does it really even matter which one gets the hard pull...

That's sort of my thought here... that the HP may not be any more relevant (other than the physical HP) in many cases than SPs on the other 1-2 bureaus when it comes to making lending decisions. 

During my rebuild when did two different mini (3-4 card) sprees, I always did research on here and other tools like the then Credit Pulls Database to determine which bureau was likely to be pulled (HP) for the app, but I never once considered the SPs that could go along with the HP(s).

Message 19 of 34
SoCalifornia
Frequent Contributor

Good thread. Comprehensive thinking. Unofficial proof that ALL of your credit matters. I wonder if the HP's are just a suggestion to the consumer which bureau a lender favors, to blind us to the fact that they keep more precise tabs on what we are doing with said credit.

You know. "Kansas City Shuffle", "All that Glitters..." and so on. Anyway, good stuff 🤓

Message 20 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.