Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Statement Close Dates/Due Dates📃

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Statement Close Dates/Due Dates📃

So, I was looking over my credit card bill and I have a question. So on my opensky statement close date is April 3rd and the due date is April 21st. So if I pay the card off March 27th, can I use the card April 10th and will that be on next statement due date (May 21st) 👀🙃?

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Statement Close Dates/Due Dates📃

@Anonymous wrote:

So, I was looking over my credit card bill and I have a question. So on my opensky statement close date is April 3rd and the due date is April 21st. So if I pay the card off March 27th, can I use the card April 10th and will that be on next statement due date (May 21st) 👀🙃?

Yes. 

the challenge is the other way around. If your due date is today March 24th, your statement cut date is your next due date (April 24th) minus your grace period (usually 25+ days after your due date; the due date is fixed by law the same day every month). Your statement cut date would be something like March 31st (April 24 minus 25 days grace period). Between March 24th and March 31st whatever you charge will appear on that March 31st statement, due April 24th.

tl;dr=  Charging between close date and due date = OK

Charging between due date and close date = NO

[edited for clarification]

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Statement Close Dates/Due Dates📃

@Back2reality I think I understood correctly. So I can charge from my close date to my due date is fine? (Because plan on paying it early, so the due date on the 21st won't matter anymore correct?) I hope that's right. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.