Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Statement cut - Reporting date?

tag
jayjayhawaii
Regular Contributor

Statement cut - Reporting date?

The due date on my Quicksilver One card was the 4th, PIF, statement cut on the 7th.

Capital One has always reported to the credit bureaus on the statement cut date like clockwork. However, this month it's almost a week since the statement cut and the QS1 still hasn't reported. I always run this card to 90% and then PIF every month. I've put some spending on it since the statement cut, but I don't want it to report a balance.

If it reports later than usual, does it usually report the statement balance, or some random balance? I've seen Sync do this, but never Cap1. This is the 6th statement and I just got a CLI in credit steps.

Current FICO8:

2017: $200 secured card | 2023: $200,000+ total credit line
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Statement cut - Reporting date?

Yes. Same here. My monthly due date is oct 14th and the statement cut fair is the17th. As of right now, still no reporting and no Oct statement yet. I was hoping it was maybe an early graduation, because I still have a secured card I opened feb 2018. I called a CSR yesterday. CSR said to give it 12am-8pm today for the system to cycle and update.
Message 2 of 6
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@jayjayhawaii wrote:

The due date on my Quicksilver One card was the 4th, PIF, statement cut on the 7th.

Capital One has always reported to the credit bureaus on the statement cut date like clockwork. However, this month it's almost a week since the statement cut and the QS1 still hasn't reported. I always run this card to 90% and then PIF every month. I've put some spending on it since the statement cut, but I don't want it to report a balance.

If it reports later than usual, does it usually report the statement balance, or some random balance? I've seen Sync do this, but never Cap1. This is the 6th statement and I just got a CLI in credit steps.

When it reports, it will report the statement balance.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've always seen the statement balance report on my CapOne. At times I even questioned why that amt on the statement balance I thought...? Like with my VentureOne. The way the line items are posted can be confusing but they all add up...

Message 4 of 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

I might be wrong. Last year and the year before I got hit with the hurricanes. Do you live in a state that Micheal hit? Some of the CCC's I had held out a week or so in case some people needed help from the aftermath. They were a bit delayed at least for me after those canes.

Message 5 of 6
jayjayhawaii
Regular Contributor

I don't live in a recent hurricane state - Capital One ended up reporting two weeks after statement cut, but it did report the actual statement balance.

Current FICO8:

2017: $200 secured card | 2023: $200,000+ total credit line
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.