Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony Bank - Didn't Report

tag
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

Synchrony Bank - Didn't Report

I have 2 accounts with Synchrony, Amazon Store (opened 5/16) and Care Credit (opened 8/17). I have had two AA's with Amazon, no late payments, but 2 CL reductions for carrying high balances.  Two years in a row I ran up balance around holidays and paid off with tax refund three months later.  Each time they lowered my limit.

This year, after paying off both cards, Synchrony failed to report over a full billing cycle. Ever since May of 2016, Synchrony has reported to all three on the 11th of the month. While I had paid them off in prior years, I continued to use card and never had a zero balance, no payment due month.

Is this common with Synchrony? Do they not report if you zero the nalance and discontinue using the card?

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Synchrony Bank - Didn't Report

A couple of my cards 28th and 29th didn't report last month either until today. I wouldn't worry.
Message 2 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 3 accounts with them, one of which still has a balance. I haven’t used one at all since I’ve opened the account, and the other I paid it off within 6 months (financed @ 0%) but they still report it for me every month.

One thing they’ve done recently was closed my Mattress Firm account and switched it to “Synchrony Homes”, which I already have an account. So now I have two of the same account, each with different CL.
Message 3 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 3 synchrony accounts and paid each of them down to $0 on Feb 19th. My due date is the 1st of the month on each of them and they usually report around the 11th-13th but not one of them has updated yet. Not sure what the issue is but trying to be patient

Message 4 of 25
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

Still waiting.

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 5 of 25
longclimbback
Regular Contributor

I was just going to make a post about this. My lowes card was just paid down from 9k to $100 or so on the 8th of march. They reported to eqifax on the 12th like they always do, but haven't reported to trans or exp yet. My eq bumped up to 798 when they reported but the other two are stuck about 750.
Screwing me over big time as I wanted to do some apping before the 25th when a zeroed card will show up on my reports with a 8k balance transfer. My plan was for a personal loan at my local credit union for a piece of equipment. I have no idea what they'll pull or look at. Would like to go in there with +/- 800 scores across the board and without the 8k in depth showing up on the 25th. Second app was for a second navy card which is transunion and figured I'd have a better chance to get a high limit instant approval with the better score/lower debt. 3rd was for a navy auto loan that I have a preapproval for that ends on the 30th of March. Ive been planning on this mini spree since the 1st of March and synchrony is causing me major anxiety by not reporting. They have until tomorrow am or I'm pulling the plug on my spree.
Message 6 of 25
FlaDude
Established Contributor

@longclimbback wrote:
I was just going to make a post about this. My lowes card was just paid down from 9k to $100 or so on the 8th of march. They reported to eqifax on the 12th like they always do, but haven't reported to trans or exp yet. My eq bumped up to 798 when they reported but the other two are stuck about 

I paid my Lowes down about $1k and got a $2k CLI before my statement 3/4 the changes are only showing on EQ too.

Scores: March 21 FICO 8: EX 810, TU 808, EQ 813
AoOA: closed: 36 years, open: 25 years; AAoA: 11.8 years
Amex Gold, Amex Green, Amex Blue, Amex ED, Amex Delta Gold, Amex Hilton Surpass, BoA Platinum Plus, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Chase Amazon, Chase CSP, Chase United Explorer, Citi AA Plat, Sync Lowes, Sync JC Penney - total CL 145k
Loans: Chase car loan (35k/6yrs 0.9%)
Message 7 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

They last reported on mine late January. Apparently they didn't feel like posting February.

Message 8 of 25
Drwaz99
Established Contributor

Same has happened to me, too. My Amazon Store Card reported to EQ on the 15th (my statement date) but there's nothing on EX or TU. Figure I'll give it another week and give them a call to see what's up if nothing shows by then. 

Message 9 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep CK just updated today and Sync updated EQ on the 18th but nothing on TU. 

And Sync updated with pending charges too so they reported $693! Frustrating card! Only 8.6% though so it shouldn’t be a FICO hit. 

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.