Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU keeps adding back an incorrect Employer

tag
ooeemusic
Established Member

TU keeps adding back an incorrect Employer

In May Kia reported my Employer wrong to the credit bureaus. I had it removed from all of them, but, every single month TU is adding it back on. I've had it removed twice and just got an alert today that an employer had been added again. Anyone know why it keeps popping back up or how to stop it? With Experian I requested it be removed once and it hasn't popped back up.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: TU keeps adding back an incorrect Employer

@ooeemusic wrote:
In May Kia reported my Employer wrong to the credit bureaus. I had it removed from all of them, but, every single month TU is adding it back on. I've had it removed twice and just got an alert today that an employer had been added again. Anyone know why it keeps popping back up or how to stop it? With Experian I requested it be removed once and it hasn't popped back up.

TU cannot add anything on their own. All data comes from the lenders

If Kia no longer shows past employer, look over your other accounts and see if anyone else is reporting wrong employer.

By wrong, do you mean a place you never worked at or previous employer? 

Message 2 of 5
ooeemusic
Established Member

Oh, so I would need to call kia? The loan isn't through kia, it's through cap1 auto.
Wrong as in somewhere I have never worked and an employer i have never heard of.
Message 3 of 5
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@ooeemusic wrote:
Oh, so I would need to call kia? The loan isn't through kia, it's through cap1 auto.
Wrong as in somewhere I have never worked and an employer i have never heard of.

You can call or look in your online account, if it's them reporting. 

Somebody is reporting it each time it shows up. 

Message 4 of 5
ooeemusic
Established Member

Ok! Thank you!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.