Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talk about pulling the trigger...

tag
CGame
New Contributor

Talk about pulling the trigger...

Well, today I went on an app spree...I said "what the hell" and pulled the trigger on a few cards to see where I stood...so far, so good. Carnival Sea Miles - Approved - 2K, Hooters MC - Approved - 1.5K, ESPN Wamu Visa-Approved-1k, US Airways-pending, HSBC Platinum MC-Approved-1.5K, Penfed - DENIED. In the process of all this, I cancelled a few pains of mine...ONLY because of the AF's: Cap One, First Premier (boooo, get off the stage!!!) Credit One Bank, Aspire (boooo, get out the building!!). My scores aren't super good... TU-641,10 inquiries/EQ-660,4 inquiries/EX-669, 3 inquiries. Baddies: BK7 discharged in 1999/2 CO's/4 paid collections/3 paid judgements. Not bad for my wack credit. So, I guess I'm done..lol
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: Talk about pulling the trigger...

Quite the rush isn't it? Just don't use the cards.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did the same thing. Get it done now, take the hit and let them age for later. You and I have a year to sit with inquiries. 669 isn't that bad. I like the sound of the hooters card. Does it have a pretty girl on it? :-)

Use the new cards 1 time just to get them reporting activity.

Message Edited by ilovepizza on 05-21-2007 09:34 PM
Message 3 of 7
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Yeppers. Just don't abuse 'em.
Message 4 of 7
CGame
New Contributor

Yea, I'n gonna use them just to get them reporting, then that's it...
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just make sure you stay on top of them...that's a lot of due-dates and deadlines to remember.

Set reminders in your Outlook or PDA. Bookmark the logins for each of the sites in your browser. Managing all these is going to be a challenge for you...use technology to help you keep up.
Message 6 of 7
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on your approvals. Try a reconn letter for the denials Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.