Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The 2019 Amex CLD for low usage data thread:

tag
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: The 2019 Amex CLD for low usage data thread:

@Turbobuick wrote:

CLD  $24K to $12K  Never called to re-instate CL. 

Maybe you should call, they may be trying to get your attention to see if you're gonna put some use on it in the near future.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 11 of 23
blindambition
Senior Contributor

I think my drop was March, or April. It’s been so long. My CL was dropped from $15,700 to $7900. After a call, it was restored.
Before the CLD, highest charge was around $1000 for dental work. Averaging around $200-300 a month for groceries.
I upgraded to BCP about 6 weeks ago. They offered the $250 upgrade bonus. I switched my streaming from Uber to BCP for the 6%. I got $200 back from Amex offers last year. I just bought $5000 worth of furniture and flooring. So, I’m using it more. The next year will determine how valuable the card is. The BCE wasn’t offering me much for just groceries. Being blind, on limited income... I use the cards with best percentage cards for other categories.I can get.
Message 12 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I appreciate you providing your feedback BA!

Message 13 of 23
EW800
Valued Contributor

Interesting topic.  I am very curios to see if Amex chops by CL's.  I have three cards with them, and none of them are getting more than $100 in spend, so I suspect I could be heading for a CLD with them.  

My Current Amex Accounts:

Amex Everyday -- CL $38,000 -- Current spend is no more than about $100/mo

Amex Dleta Gold -- CL $18,000 -- Most months less than $100, occasionally $300 or so.  

Amex Optima -- CL $2,500 -- KInd of a joke account that I have had forever.  I put just a few dollars on it every few months.  About three years ago this account had a CL of about $12K, but Amex chopped it down to $2,500 when they bumped by ED to $38,000

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 839; EQ8: 845; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 14 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi EW800!

How long would you say you've sustained that [low] $100/mo or so spend on your Amex cards? 

It sounds like you may have hit some sort of (possibly internal) limit with Amex based on them reducing one of your CLs in order to raise another?

Message 15 of 23
EW800
Valued Contributor

Hi BBS!

I believe you are correct that at the time I hit some sort of internal limit, at least for my profile.

In regard to the very low spend on all three cards, the Optima has been for probably ten years, and thr ED and Delta Gold have been at least a year of being that low level spend. It will be interesting to see if they whack me in near future!

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 16 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah for sure.  I've been at a similar low spend per month and am awaiting the day I log in to see a 50% CLD.  It would be pretty stupid of Amex not to CLD an account like mine if I'm being honest.

Message 17 of 23
EW800
Valued Contributor

I agree, BBS. I feel the same way.
Every time I log into my Discover account I half expect to see my CL decreases. You likely recall that I have a crazy CL of over $73K with them, but only have a couple of hundred dollars a month in spend. I suspect it will happen one of these days.
Message 18 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

One day Discover will probably put their foot down, but as of yet we haven't seen them modify their policy near as I can tell.  There was one example recently of a Discover CLD, but it looked like an isolated example and perhaps not due to little/no use.  These Amex CLDs have been relatively common though on 5-figure limits.  We will see what happens!

Message 19 of 23
Turbobuick
Established Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

@Turbobuick wrote:

CLD  $24K to $12K  Never called to re-instate CL. 

Maybe you should call, they may be trying to get your attention to see if you're gonna put some use on it in the near future.

If they weren't happy with my $6K spend per year, then I'm not their target customer. Guess I'm more of a "Target" customer! Smiley Very Happy

Ironically, they recently sent me a pre-approved RSVP # for  Blue Cash Preferred with SUB of $250. I'm leaning towards taking the money and running/cancelling. Probably cost me $95 for one annual fee.  

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.