Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA Free FICO Score

tag
satio
Frequent Contributor

USAA Free FICO Score

Back in September and then November there were a couple of threads regarding the demise of the USAA credit monitoring program offered by Experian and being transitioned to Experian directly.

My recall was that there was not even a "working" free FICO score link either.

Today while inside my CC account doing my normal PIF before next statement date, there is an option (at least via web interface to my account) for "See your Fico Score" which in turn showed me my Experian FICO 3 score from 12/31/2019.

I'm fairly certain this FICO link has been non-existent or non-working since September at least for me.

It's just a score not any monitoring but thought I would pass along for other USAA members.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: USAA Free FICO Score

@satio wrote:

Back in September and then November there were a couple of threads regarding the demise of the USAA credit monitoring program offered by Experian and being transitioned to Experian directly.

My recall was that there was not even a "working" free FICO score link either.

Today while inside my CC account doing my normal PIF before next statement date, there is an option (at least via web interface to my account) for "See your Fico Score" which in turn showed me my Experian FICO 3 score from 12/31/2019.

I'm fairly certain this FICO link has been non-existent or non-working since September at least for me.

It's just a score not any monitoring but thought I would pass along for other USAA members.

Your memory is spot on. USAA has not had a credit score available for many months and kept saying it was coming. As you report, it is now there. Glad too! Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool!
Message 3 of 9
LakeLife
Established Contributor

Mine is still not there!  Ugh...

Capture.JPG

Message 4 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Righteous!
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bump for question

Does USAA still offer free scores? My free fico score was updated with a date of 5/31/2020. Usually on the 15th of every month, I get my updated fico score from the previous month. Meaning, on 6/15/2020 my score got updated with a date of 5/31/2020. But my score hasn't updated this month...I know with today being the 17th, it's only two days past due, but it is making me concerned.

Does USAA still offer free fico scores as a benefit of having credit cards from them? 

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous This thread should have some helpful info for you. There's another link in the last post of that thread with additional follow-up. USAA deferred everything over to Experian.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/USAA-credit-monitoring-change/td-p/5748499

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the reply. But that didn't help. I'm actually talking about the free fico score not any credit monitoring (that looks like also offered a credit score with the monitoring). Just like your Amex card provides a free fico score, so too does USAA just for having a credit card with them, completely unrelated to any credit monitoring they offer/did offer. 

To view USAA's free fico score (Fico 3 Experian ), you must use a computer. It does not show up on their app. Navigate to your credit card account to where you see your transaction details (posted/pending transactions), and in the right margin you will see a box with a that is labeled "Your Fico Score" and a link that says "see your score." This box is the second box in the right margin directly below that first box which is the rewards box.

USAA has been offering a free fico score for a while (has it been years...already.. hmm..idk how long it has been). But you never had to have a credit monitoring product to see this real fico score. 

Have they canceled this free benefit or is there system delayed in showing it is my question?

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah, that one. Haven't heard anything. Possible that they've held off updating it due to the covid situation, believing that some peoples finances may be out of whack because of it. I have accounts with GS that did the same thing - no update for May and June, then came back this month.

I never paid much attention to the Fico 3 they're providing, well, because its Fico 3. Whats referred to in the other threads gave you Fico 8 as well as providing credit monitoring at no cost. It used to be one of the tiles on the main web page of your account, without having to go into your CC info.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.