Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to remove TU Freeze

tag
credit2019
New Contributor

Unable to remove TU Freeze

Has anyone else had this problem in the last two days? Each time I try to login to remove the freeze, it tells me that it can not retrieve my freeze status and tells me to try again later. This began on Monday 8/12/19 and as of this writing on 8/14 I am still experiencing it.

I’m wondering if it’s something wrong with my specific account, or if everyone is having the same problem.
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Unable to remove TU Freeze

Grab the myTransUnion app and use that. In my experience, it works even when the website is down. It’s much quicker too. 

74E25AEA-5026-401D-B726-940F05F2D328.jpeg

Message 2 of 19
credit2019
New Contributor

Unfortunately the app trick didn’t work. It still says status unknown. I assume that means it is a problem specific to me then? I called the number it said to call yesterday, and the guy said the system was down. But since you were able to see and manage your status, I am not sure what to think anymore.
Message 3 of 19
credit2019
New Contributor

So I just got off the phone with TU. My brother recently added me as an AU to one of his cards. That should be a good thing, but unfortunately the card company reported the name with a slight misspelling. This caused TU to have not one but 2 reports on me, which killed my ability to freeze and unfreeze my report online. They are merging them now and have unfrozen my file. Kind of amazing how many things can go wrong so easily with something as important as a credit report.
Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, that’s an incredibly stupid way to get a split file. Glad you are getting it fixed!

Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous appreciate the heads up on the use of the mobile app!
Message 6 of 19
Remedios
Credit Mentor

You should feel lucky split file happened on TU

If it was EQ, we'd still be talking about it 5 years from now 

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Remedios, Ain't that the truth!
Message 8 of 19
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous   Here is my EQ story 

They keep putting fraud alert on my file. Mind you, no suspected fraud ever, nor will they provide me with an explanation as to why. 

When I call, they say (I'm not joking) "There is no fraud alert on your file. It will be removed in 24 to 48 hrs" 

Umm, lolwut??? Okay. 

We do this every three months or so for the past two years. I'm really tired of them but luckily no one cares about EQ where I live, so I'm trying not to sweat it too much. 

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would say unbelievable, but it’s Equifax so it’s very believable, unfortunately.

I’ve had an error there that I don’t even dare try to address.
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.