Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verizon

tag
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

Verizon

What is Verizon pulling these days? EQ, TU, EX? FICO 08, 04?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Verizon

@Anonymous-own-fico wrote:

For me it's always been EQ though I haven't gotten a recent pull from them in the last 2 years.  Never got a score disclosure, debating finally leaving Sprint, service never really improved though VZ isn't fantastic in my neighborhood either.

        
Message 2 of 8
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

I have read that if you have a credit score below 720, you may be required to pay a substantial deposit for service. That's the median FICO score, so half of us must come up with a deposit!

I have also read someone saying that while EQ may be pulled, Verizon uses its own scoring system. If so, I wonder what it is and if you can get a printout if requested.

Message 3 of 8
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

I have read that if you have a credit score below 720, you may be required to pay a substantial deposit for service. That's the median FICO score, so half of us must come up with a deposit!

I have also read someone saying that while EQ may be pulled, Verizon uses its own scoring system. If so, I wonder what it is and if you can get a printout if requested.

Not sure they're required to disclose it unfortunately, if I had to guess they probably have an internal scoring system.

I didn't finance the Jetpack I got from VZ Wireless back in 2014; they did pull my credit, but as a result my own datapoint of being below 720 is likely irrelevant.  Also got pulled for both FIOS and also VZ Business, VZ isn't a big happy family so consistency might not be a thing.  I never paid a deposit though for any of them, and my credit isn't pretty and was worse back then... never got above 700 on EQ FICO 5 for example and was below 720 on EQ FICO 8 then too.

Also these sorts of things change all the time, 2013 was an eternity ago in the credit card space, might be for this too.

        
Message 4 of 8
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

In my case Verizon Wireless pulled EQ.

I have no idea what scoring model they used.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 5 of 8
olehammer
Frequent Contributor

Verizon pulled EQ for me back in Sept for new account/phone financing. My FICO08 at that time was around 705 and didn't pay any deposit.

Message 6 of 8
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

They pulled EQ over 2yrs ago. T-Mobile sucked in my area. VZ wanted $400 deposit which I would have gotten back after 1 yr of perfect payments. Then the county went with them and offered a 22% discount. Used my work e-mail for verification. Led to a personal webpage link. No deposit required. If a employer has a contract, no deposit required I'll say. My credit was in the tank then in 2014

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

They pulled equifax for me in illinois. My score is 665 with a BK7 discharged 11/15. I was able to get 4 lines with no down payment. I also got 3 S7's and a iphone 7plus for the promo $10/mo. My buddy tried for the same deal with no BK and all Fico8's in the 720+ and was told 40% on each new phone. My file is a bit thicker (5 CC total limit around $25K and a few installment loans) as opposed to his with 3 CC's (7K limits). Hope this helps!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.