cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verizon

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Valued Contributor

Verizon

What is Verizon pulling these days? EQ, TU, EX? FICO 08, 04?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Verizon

@My-own-fico wrote:

For me it's always been EQ though I haven't gotten a recent pull from them in the last 2 years.  Never got a score disclosure, debating finally leaving Sprint, service never really improved though VZ isn't fantastic in my neighborhood either.

        
Message 2 of 8
Valued Contributor

I have read that if you have a credit score below 720, you may be required to pay a substantial deposit for service. That's the median FICO score, so half of us must come up with a deposit!

I have also read someone saying that while EQ may be pulled, Verizon uses its own scoring system. If so, I wonder what it is and if you can get a printout if requested.

Message 3 of 8
Moderator Emeritus

@My-own-fico wrote:

I have read that if you have a credit score below 720, you may be required to pay a substantial deposit for service. That's the median FICO score, so half of us must come up with a deposit!

I have also read someone saying that while EQ may be pulled, Verizon uses its own scoring system. If so, I wonder what it is and if you can get a printout if requested.

Not sure they're required to disclose it unfortunately, if I had to guess they probably have an internal scoring system.

I didn't finance the Jetpack I got from VZ Wireless back in 2014; they did pull my credit, but as a result my own datapoint of being below 720 is likely irrelevant.  Also got pulled for both FIOS and also VZ Business, VZ isn't a big happy family so consistency might not be a thing.  I never paid a deposit though for any of them, and my credit isn't pretty and was worse back then... never got above 700 on EQ FICO 5 for example and was below 720 on EQ FICO 8 then too.

Also these sorts of things change all the time, 2013 was an eternity ago in the credit card space, might be for this too.

        
Message 4 of 8
Super Contributor

@My-own-fico wrote:

In my case Verizon Wireless pulled EQ.

I have no idea what scoring model they used.

Total revolving limits 730000 (603500 reporting) 10/2/19 FICO 8 scores: EQ 744 TU 782 EX 746
Message 5 of 8
Frequent Contributor

Verizon pulled EQ for me back in Sept for new account/phone financing. My FICO08 at that time was around 705 and didn't pay any deposit.

Message 6 of 8
Senior Contributor

They pulled EQ over 2yrs ago. T-Mobile sucked in my area. VZ wanted $400 deposit which I would have gotten back after 1 yr of perfect payments. Then the county went with them and offered a 22% discount. Used my work e-mail for verification. Led to a personal webpage link. No deposit required. If a employer has a contract, no deposit required I'll say. My credit was in the tank then in 2014

My posts are JMHO. I DO NOT claim to be a FICO expert. Just sharing my experiences from rebuild to recovery after BK DC. My siggy is not to brag at all. Just to show fellow members what can be accomplished when you do it right and play the FICO Credit Game.
Message 7 of 8
New Visitor

They pulled equifax for me in illinois. My score is 665 with a BK7 discharged 11/15. I was able to get 4 lines with no down payment. I also got 3 S7's and a iphone 7plus for the promo $10/mo. My buddy tried for the same deal with no BK and all Fico8's in the 720+ and was told 40% on each new phone. My file is a bit thicker (5 CC total limit around $25K and a few installment loans) as opposed to his with 3 CC's (7K limits). Hope this helps!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.