Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WOW!! 27 points lost for "not using credit"

tag
nothingman02
Valued Contributor

Re: WOW!! 27 points lost for "not using credit"

The car loan is an installment account and I believe will not count in your utilization. You would have the highest scores at 9% overall utl. of your revolving credit.

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@nothingman02 wrote:

The car loan is an installment account and I believe will not count in your utilization. You would have the highest scores at 9% overall utl. of your revolving credit.

Not true. I have the highest score when I only have $5 reporting on one card. That leaves me at less than 1%. Just going up to 2-3% dings me considerably. But, obviously, having 0 report has the same effect. 

Message 12 of 15
nothingman02
Valued Contributor

Hmm...thanks for the info then. I was under the impression that 9% is optimum. I will see though as I am trying out 2.5 utl this month and will try 0 the next. I had 9% the last month.
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

nothingman02 wrote:
Hmm...thanks for the info then. I was under the impression that 9% is optimum. I will see though as I am trying out 2.5 utl this month and will try 0 the next. I had 9% the last month.

Under 9% is optimum.

Some do report seeing a few more points for getting even lower. But for the most increase get below 9%, but more than 0%.

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@nothingman02 wrote:

Yeah, you want to play around with this for a little while until you find your "sweet spot".  Stay under 9% and bounce around between letting just a few dollars report to whatever will take you up to - but not over - 9%. Someone just reported a few days ago that their util went up to 7% and they lost 7 points. I get hit by letting 2-3%.  It's strange. 

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.