Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What does this mean?

I just checked my credit report through my Cap one app and saw this -

Message 11 of 18
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Cap1 / Creditwise is TU not EQ.  But if you're picking it up there and CK then I would pull all 3 and dispute them all.  The confusing part though is  Account Balance $0.00 

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks.  I am going to call all 3.  Yeah, this is very confusing because like I said GM is claiming to have never reported it...

Message 13 of 18
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

What I meant is that your reports show a $0 balance.

You said you still owe $1200

Something isn't right either way if you're still making payments and they're reporting it as paid off.  There may be a glitch on their side pushing the updates for someone elses account to your reports due to a data entry error.

Either way disputing it with all 3 should yield some result in correcting it and if not then CFPB / BBB complaints against TU/EQ/EX should get you a response and corrective action after waiting out the dispute process.

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks I filed a dispute with equifax and TU today.  Experian is not showing it as a bad mark for some reason so I will leave that alone.  I will see what happens in 30 days.

Thanks!

Message 15 of 18
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Best of luck on getting it all sorted out.  Sometimes waiting for a response is harder than anything else.  Credit can sometimes be a major PITA especially when you're caked in errors and need to scrub them off the record.  Time and patience is key when dealing with things though. 

Message 16 of 18
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Account balance of $0 could mean either that the account was paid (i.e., there is no more debt) or that the creditor has sold the debt.

If the current status shows paid, then they have reported no debt.

However, if the current status still reflects a delinquency, then they have reported that they no longer own the debt.

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

The account hasn't been paid I still owe $1200.  They haven't sold the debt because I am still paying them directly and why would they sell it anwyay they are getting their money every month.  When I spoke to GM they said that they have never got a late payment and did not send anything negative to credit bureaus.... 

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.