Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When pulling credit

tag
Jdman
New Contributor

When pulling credit

I When a credit union or credit card pulls credit which FICO model are they using? FICO 8? FICO Bankcard 8? FICO 9? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When pulling credit

It can vary.

Typically credit unions will use EQ5 or EQ

Most banks use Fico 8, sometimes 9

Message 2 of 4
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

@Jdman wrote:

I When a credit union or credit card pulls credit which FICO model are they using? FICO 8? FICO Bankcard 8? FICO 9? 

Every financial institution uses whatever scoring model they see fit for whatever specific product you are applying for. Most FIs will use different bureaus or a combination of them for different customers with different credit profiles, or different geographical locations. Also, most will use their own proprietary scoring algorithms to determine their decision as well. There are lists of which FIs pull which bureau, but it is also very much a YMMV situation. If you have someplace specific in mind, I'm sure members that have experience with that particular place(s) would be happy to chime in with their DPs and experience. 

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 3 of 4
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Jdman wrote:

Hi @Jdman , Many lenders.. Many different scoring models used!

This may be helpful? .. I hopeSmiley Wink

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/The-quot-Which-Banks-Pull-Which-Report-For-Ap...

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.