Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Report Will They Pull, Part 2

tag
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Which Report Will They Pull, Part 2

AS OF 07/09/23

This post is built to help others see which credit report(s) a bank will pull based on where you are. All the info here comes from fellow MyFICO'rs posts. It is also aimed at Personal Credit Cards (VS/MC/DC/AX), and it does include 2 popular store card exceptions (Macy's & Target). 

• GRID #1 = This list calls out which CRA (credit reporting agency) was pulled based on specific states
  • GRID #2 = This list calls out which version of the credit report we're seeing pulled with consistent regularity (Fico 8, Fico 9, or even mortgage scores like EX2, EQ5, etc.). Learn more about FICO scores here Your Guide To Credit Scoring 

Please approach this understanding this info is for educational purposes, and nothing is guaranteed. This is a YMMV situation. 

HOW TO READ THE GRIDS:

• Green Check Mark: Some banks are very consistent with which CRA/Version they pull. These are those "religiously consistent"' pullers
  • Yellow Exclamation Point: Some banks bounce between 2 CRA's, but which one they pull unpredictably varies based on where you live along with the specific card. It just means "prepare that it could be either one of the bureau's"
  • Green Check Mark + Yellow Exclamation Point: It means that a large part of the time they lean towards the green checkmark, but at times will fall to a secondary report (locked reports, bank errors when trying to pull their primary option, split credit profiles, residency, etc)

GRID #1 - WHICH REPORT IS PULLED BASED ON YOUR STATE (reporting from MyFICO users)?

Screen Shot 2023-07-09 at 5.05.48 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-07-09 at 5.06.03 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-07-09 at 5.06.14 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-07-09 at 5.06.26 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-07-09 at 5.06.38 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-07-09 at 5.06.48 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-07-09 at 5.06.58 PM.png

GRID #2 - WHICH VERSION ARE THEY USING (reporting scoring model)?

Screen Shot 2023-07-09 at 5.05.27 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-15 at 9.07.51 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-10-15 at 9.08.01 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-15 at 9.08.10 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-15 at 9.08.21 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-10-15 at 9.08.33 AM.png

KEEP THIS IN MIND: This post calls out which report will likely get pulled when you apply for a credit card, but there are many more things considered during the application process. These items can include things such as:

• A banks sensitivity to recent inquiries or newly opened accounts (I.E - US Bank, Wells Fargo, Chase, etc.)
  • Your Income (and for some banks and credit unions, your total open debt)
  • A banks level of forgiveness for prior behavior (previous delinquencies, charge-offs, bankruptcy, repo's, etc.)
  • A banks sensitivity to how much available credit you already have (more common with credit unions)
  • Your credit report age (some banks don't like to the be first to risk big limits, or any limit, on you -- "younger" profiles)
  • The state you live in (most banks have contracts with a specific CRA(s) and it covers a multi-state area)

Other Notes:

• Citi Bank: Some members (like folks brand new to a Citi relationship, as a sample) have reported regular double-pulls, but this has not applied to everyone. When that happens be prepared for any combo (EQ/TU , EQ/EX, EX/TU)
  • Chase Bank: Some users have reported that double-pulls are consistent, but some have also reported only single-pulls for all new account. CLI's are single pulls. Expect a double pull, EQ & EX seem to be the preferred combo based on approval threads, but if you get prequalified via Credit Journey, TU seems to be the primary CRA pulled and it gets paired with EQ or EX. TU seems to be the least preferred CRA for Chase when Credit Journey is not involved.  
  • Comenity Bank: This bank has 2 core flavors of cards ("majors" vs "minors" if you will). Majors could be viewed as co-branded cards that offer a Visa/MC option. When applying for one of these, EX is the go-to. For store-cards that do not have the Visa/MC option, EQ is the go-to. This is a YMMV scenario, but the trends are there
  • Navy FCU: Navy uses TU9 for new account HPs. Historically they exclusivly used EQ9 for CLI requests, but approval threads showcase Navy is transitioning from EQ9 to TU9 for CLI's. If a HP is required, plan that it could be a 60 TU9/40 EQ9 shot 
  • Synchrony Bank: Synchrony historically has exclusively pulled TU, but starting in 2019 reports reflected they pulled EX. As a sample their Verizon Credit Card has shown zero consistency with which CRA they pull. Some members report a single pull, double pull and a triple pull. When they pull a single and/or double, there does not seem to be a "primary" or "preferred" CRA.  
  • Wells Fargo: EX tends to be the 'go-to' CRA for this bank. Some members have reported being double-pulled when their new to Wells Fargo. Expect a doublepull as the worst case scenario
196 REPLIES 196
IaBoy62
Established Contributor

Re: Which Report Will They Pull, Part II

@credit_is_crack 

Arvest Bank pulled TU and used FICO 9 in Kansas

thanks for all your effort!

Message 2 of 197
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

This is such a great resource for the community, we really appreciate you taking the time to make it happen!

Citi pulled EX BC8 for me a few weeks back, not the classic EX8. Idk if that matters much but thought I would add it to the thread here. 

It's Friday, enjoy your weekend!!!

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 3 of 197
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@IaBoy62 wrote:

@credit_is_crack 

Arvest Bank pulled TU and used FICO 9 in Kansas

thanks for all your effort!

Thanks @IaBoy62 for the dp. I've added it to the grid

Message 4 of 197
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:

This is such a great resource for the community, we really appreciate you taking the time to make it happen!

Citi pulled EX BC8 for me a few weeks back, not the classic EX8. Idk if that matters much but thought I would add it to the thread here. 

This is a good note @Mr_Mojo_Risin 

Which card did you apply for at that time, and what state are you in (if you don't mind)?

Message 5 of 197
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

GRID UPDATED

• +Arvest Bank, TU F9 hard pull in KS, @IaBoy62 
Message 6 of 197
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

@credit_is_crack wrote:

@Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:

Which card did you apply for at that time, and what state are you in (if you don't mind)?

Forgot to add those, sorry about that.

I applied for the Custom Cash and I'm in Ohio.

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 7 of 197
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:

@credit_is_crack wrote:

@Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:

Forgot to add those, sorry about that.

I applied for the Custom Cash and I'm in Ohio.

Thanks @Mr_Mojo_Risin 

Message 8 of 197
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

GRID UPDATED

Message 9 of 197
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

GRID UPDATED

Message 10 of 197
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.