Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why did Cap1 off cycle report?

tag
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Why did Cap1 off cycle report?

Is it because a new card with a new number was issued on an existing acct.?  Or are they just being mean?

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Why did Cap1 off cycle report?

Typically if any backend changes occur on your account or if you perform any actions, such as a change of address, can trigger off cycle reporting.
Message 2 of 9
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Thanks, will they still report on the 6th, the normal report date?  Due date is the 3rd.

Message 3 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

IME, when something similar occurred, it still reported during its expected statement cycle date. That said, sometimes some reporting anomalies may occur and worse case scenario it'll report with your next statement cycle.

Perhaps others can chime in with their experiences to provide some additional DPs.

I'll leave your thread here in the interim for additional exposure since reporting questions usually reside in the General Credit Topics subforum 😊
Message 4 of 9
GApeachy
Super Contributor

thank you

Message 5 of 9
Trudy
Valued Contributor

Could this be the reason or at least part of the reason?

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Capital-One-changed-Due-Dates-if-your-due-date-was-the...

FICO - 8: 05/05/23
Message 6 of 9
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Trudy wrote:

Could this be the reason or at least part of the reason?

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Capital-One-changed-Due-Dates-if-your-due-date-was-the...

Thanks Trudy, I thought about that this morning and checked the stmt. to make sure we weren't affected.  Ours is still the 3rd, report 6th.

Message 7 of 9
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

@GApeachy, I had three Capital One cards replaced due to fraud. I got new card numbers, but there was no mid-cycle report. I think this was back in 2017 or so.

About four month ago, I had a "lost" card replaced. That one reported mid-cycle.

Message 8 of 9
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@HeavenOhio 

Thanks,

I'll learn not to have an emergency card re-issue during an off cycle time.  That's a little "bleep"!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.