cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3% Rewards Checking Alternatives

PullingMeSoftly
Established Contributor

3% Rewards Checking Alternatives

In my continued quest for another 3%+ rewards checking account, I'm looking for some recommendations that have the following qualities:

  • Will take a general ACH in/out or at least accept fake DD to fulfill the req
  • Decent max balance (15k or more)
  • Debit card purchases with no minimum $/transaction req. 
  • Checklist interface to know that I've met the monthly req's.
  • No HP for membership or account opening

 

At the moment, ETFCU has been perfect, but now maxed. Some accounts I'm considering:

  • Garden Savings FCU - Platinum Rate Rewards Checking (eligible with ACC) --> This one's lookin' good
  • United FCU - Ultra Checking (eligible with CaliCC/ACC)
  • First Bank (CA, MO, IL) - First Performance Checking (branches nearby)
  • Inova FCU - Shield Checking

 

These are eliminated from my search:

  • Western Vista, $5 per debit transaction req
  • Lake Michigan, HP for membership
  • AOD - Kasasa Cash, currently a member but only 2.5% and reports that there's no interface to know if req's are met. Also no DP's on ACH/DD's.
  • Market USA FCU, $5 per debit transaction req and must make 3 bill payments of $20+ in addition to the standard req's

 

Any suggestions or clarifications are most appreciated!

 

 

 

 

 

 









Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
kremonis
Contributor

Re: 3% Rewards Checking Alternatives


@PullingMeSoftly wrote:

In my continued quest for another 3%+ rewards checking account, I'm looking for some recommendations that have the following qualities:

  • Will take a general ACH in/out or at least accept fake DD to fulfill the req
  • Decent max balance (15k or more)
  • Debit card purchases with no minimum $/transaction req. 
  • Checklist interface to know that I've met the monthly req's.
  • No HP for membership or account opening

 

At the moment, ETFCU has been perfect, but now maxed. Some accounts I'm considering:

  • Garden Savings FCU - Platinum Rate Rewards Checking (eligible with ACC) --> This one's lookin' good
  • United FCU - Ultra Checking (eligible with CaliCC/ACC)
  • First Bank (CA, MO, IL) - First Performance Checking (branches nearby)
  • Inova FCU - Shield Checking

 

These are eliminated from my search:

  • Western Vista, $5 per debit transaction req
  • Lake Michigan, HP for membership
  • AOD - Kasasa Cash, currently a member but only 2.5% and reports that there's no interface to know if req's are met. Also no DP's on ACH/DD's.
  • Market USA FCU, $5 per debit transaction req and must make 3 bill payments of $20+ in addition to the standard req's

 

Any suggestions or clarifications are most appreciated!

 

 

You might wont to check https://liberty.financial/ . They are a division of ETFCU and seem to mirror their product offerings. I don't know if they will allow you to open a different 3% checking account there.

 

Also research the post https://www.doctorofcredit.com/high-interest-savings-to-get/

 

 

 

 


Message 2 of 23
PullingMeSoftly
Established Contributor

Re: 3% Rewards Checking Alternatives

Thanks @kremonis! Definitely gonna dive a bit deeper into Liberty Financial. Looks like a parallel offering even down to the credit products, interesting! Might be a nice loophole into opening double accounts.









Message 3 of 23
kremonis
Contributor

Re: 3% Rewards Checking Alternatives


@PullingMeSoftly wrote:

Thanks @kremonis! Definitely gonna dive a bit deeper into Liberty Financial. Looks like a parallel offering even down to the credit products, interesting! Might be a nice loophole into opening double accounts.


@PullingMeSoftly  Your welcome. You might want to look at https://www.depositaccounts.com/kasasa/ also.

 

If you are successful in opening a account at liberty financial, could do the myfico community a  solid and update this thread so others will no also?

Message 4 of 23
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

Re: 3% Rewards Checking Alternatives

Just a quick DP on the 2.5% AOD Kasasa Cash.  No interface to check on progress so it I can't know about Fake DD yet.  The Kasasa Savings is 1% and would be used for the balances above the $20k max in the Cash account.    Their ACH program is the best I have seen.  You can pull on a Sunday and have it reflect an available balance Monday AM...  insane.


|Biz | AU

Rebuilding from a sudden, swift and complete credit disaster in early 2014 | Starting Scores 2017 = High 300's - Low 400's
8-1-18 -
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -

No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, Amazon Net 55 $5.5k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k
Message 5 of 23
PullingMeSoftly
Established Contributor

Re: 3% Rewards Checking Alternatives

@spiritcraft1 Thanks for the additional info, not a lot of DP's on AOD deposit accounts out there so that's helpful to know.









Message 6 of 23
ccquest
Established Contributor

Re: 3% Rewards Checking Alternatives

Saw this comment saying "no" on DoC regarding having both accounts, just an FYI.

as of 9/3/21
Current Cards:
Message 7 of 23
ccquest
Established Contributor

Re: 3% Rewards Checking Alternatives

I just went ahead and applied for Liberty Financial, now at review stage:

image.png

 

Hopefully it goes through, I'm not at LOL/24 Chex like some people on DoC, but I've recently done WF, Sofi, and another bank by the name of Liberty. Left my big 3 frozen but didn't go for overdraft protection either, comments were mixed on whether it's HP or SP so hopefully that isn't a reason I'll get denied but who knows.

as of 9/3/21
Current Cards:
Message 8 of 23
ccquest
Established Contributor

Re: 3% Rewards Checking Alternatives

Got a followup email saying they needed me to unfreeze my EQ for a soft pull to be done, so I did that, called in to let them know it was lifted and to do the verification questions. CSR was pleasant and knocked it out quickly, then got the application documents via DocuSign and turned those over now.

No alerts for HP yet, hope it sticks to being just a SP.
as of 9/3/21
Current Cards:
Message 9 of 23
kremonis
Contributor

Re: 3% Rewards Checking Alternatives


@ccquest wrote:
Got a followup email saying they needed me to unfreeze my EQ for a soft pull to be done, so I did that, called in to let them know it was lifted and to do the verification questions. CSR was pleasant and knocked it out quickly, then got the application documents via DocuSign and turned those over now.

No alerts for HP yet, hope it sticks to being just a SP.

@ccquest 

Are you trying Liberty Financial by it's self or do you already have a high interest account with ETFCU?

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.