Did you mean: 

BECU Membership Approved + DP's

tag
Royalbacon
Frequent Contributor

Re: BECU Membership Approved + DP's

@Green456 wrote:

@Royalbacon wrote:

Didn't want to start a new thread, but I just signed up for the NWCUF or whatever its called and BECU. Was instantly approved, got my checking and savings account numbers and online banking all set up. I live in Minnesota and am completely out of their footprint. Kinda surprised after reading peoples experiences on Myfico. Before paying the $20 to join NWCFU I did my research and read through every thread I could find on Myfico. I checked the box saying NWCUF when signing up for BECU but they didn't ask for a member number for the NWCUF or anything.

I also am going to send an email saying something like this "Hello, my name is _________ and I just joined the NWCUF and just applied for a membership with a checking and savings account and it looked like it was instantly approved and my online banking is set up and all that. Is there any additional documentation or anything I need to submit, especially since I am out of state living in Minnesota and am outside of your Washington state footprint? I can send in copies of my Minnesota Drivers license, social security card, my passport, NWCUF comfirmation email I received after joining, and I don't have a utility bill in my name or a lease agreement since I live in a house with my sister and just pay her rent each month, but I can send a bank statement, copy of my car insurance statement, and a credit card statement all with a matching address if needed. If this is needed, I would like to complete this as soon as possible before I go about setting my direct deposit up and all that. I look forward to being a member!

Thank you"

I'll keep you all updated. Fingers crossing that they fixed their application process for those out of state and out of their footprint and made it less chaotic and simpler.

That's pretty much what happened to me. They told me they don't need anything and I'm all good. It has been now 7 months. Never asked for SS, DL, any proof. Soft pull was good enough for them. Good luck to you and let me know what happens. 
And after being 7 months with them I noticed that they are one of the few credit unions that has fully supported iOS mobile safari web app, I don't like cluttering my iPhone with apps so that's very helpful. They seem to be pretty reasonable with credit and customer service has been nothing but great.

Are you outside of Washington state and outside their footprint?

Anyways they sent me this email, looks like I am (hopefully) good. When I get the debit card ima just deposit like $60 cash and use it to buy gas for my car for the first month and just lay low. Then after that if everything is still good I'll go ahead and set direct deposit up and all that jazz! Looks like we are the lucky ones I guess, seems like everyone else has had nothing but trouble based on what I read here on Myfico.

Hello **********************,

Thank you for your message and welcome to BECU!

In review, I show you successfully opened your accounts with us through our website. You can provide our routing number (325081403) and the 10-digit account number to your employer to set up direct deposit.

If your employer needs something in writing from BECU to process your request with them, please feel free to email us back or give us a call and we can provide them with an ACH Verification Letter, showing the routing number and your account number with us.

If we need documentation from you for further verification, we will contact you via email with a secured portal you can use to send the documentation.

We value your membership with us. Have a great day!

Questions?                                         

If you have additional quesions, please reply to this email or contact us by phone during our business hours of Monday – Friday 7:00am – 7:00pm PST and Saturday 9:00am – 1:00pm PST at 1-800-233-2328 or 206-439-5700.

Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Filed-September 2020 Discharged-December 2020
Kohl's Credit Card $3000 Limit (Opened October 2016) Survived Bankruptcy for whatever reason
Closed Capital One Venture One $3000 Limit (Opened December 2020, Closed by me September 2022 since I wanted the SavorOne and couldn't product change to it)
Capital One Auto Loan (Opened March 2021)
Capital One Cabela's $5000 Limit (Opened December 2021)
America First Credit Union Visa $1000 Limit (Opened December 2021)
Capital One SavorOne $5000 Limit (Opened September 2022)
Sam's Club Mastercard Synchrony Bank $2500 Limit (Opened March 30 2023) (Burned Synchrony in my CH7 BK, One card with a $745 balance)
Idaho Central Credit Union ICCU Visa $10,000 Limit (Opened April 2023)
Message 31 of 42
Green456
Established Contributor

@Royalbacon wrote:

@Green456 wrote:

@Royalbacon wrote:

Didn't want to start a new thread, but I just signed up for the NWCUF or whatever its called and BECU. Was instantly approved, got my checking and savings account numbers and online banking all set up. I live in Minnesota and am completely out of their footprint. Kinda surprised after reading peoples experiences on Myfico. Before paying the $20 to join NWCFU I did my research and read through every thread I could find on Myfico. I checked the box saying NWCUF when signing up for BECU but they didn't ask for a member number for the NWCUF or anything.

I also am going to send an email saying something like this "Hello, my name is _________ and I just joined the NWCUF and just applied for a membership with a checking and savings account and it looked like it was instantly approved and my online banking is set up and all that. Is there any additional documentation or anything I need to submit, especially since I am out of state living in Minnesota and am outside of your Washington state footprint? I can send in copies of my Minnesota Drivers license, social security card, my passport, NWCUF comfirmation email I received after joining, and I don't have a utility bill in my name or a lease agreement since I live in a house with my sister and just pay her rent each month, but I can send a bank statement, copy of my car insurance statement, and a credit card statement all with a matching address if needed. If this is needed, I would like to complete this as soon as possible before I go about setting my direct deposit up and all that. I look forward to being a member!

Thank you"

I'll keep you all updated. Fingers crossing that they fixed their application process for those out of state and out of their footprint and made it less chaotic and simpler.

That's pretty much what happened to me. They told me they don't need anything and I'm all good. It has been now 7 months. Never asked for SS, DL, any proof. Soft pull was good enough for them. Good luck to you and let me know what happens. 
And after being 7 months with them I noticed that they are one of the few credit unions that has fully supported iOS mobile safari web app, I don't like cluttering my iPhone with apps so that's very helpful. They seem to be pretty reasonable with credit and customer service has been nothing but great.

Are you outside of Washington state and outside their footprint?

Anyways they sent me this email, looks like I am (hopefully) good. When I get the debit card ima just deposit like $60 cash and use it to buy gas for my car for the first month and just lay low. Then after that if everything is still good I'll go ahead and set direct deposit up and all that jazz! Looks like we are the lucky ones I guess, seems like everyone else has had nothing but trouble based on what I read here on Myfico.

Hello **********************,

Thank you for your message and welcome to BECU!

In review, I show you successfully opened your accounts with us through our website. You can provide our routing number (325081403) and the 10-digit account number to your employer to set up direct deposit.

If your employer needs something in writing from BECU to process your request with them, please feel free to email us back or give us a call and we can provide them with an ACH Verification Letter, showing the routing number and your account number with us.

If we need documentation from you for further verification, we will contact you via email with a secured portal you can use to send the documentation.

We value your membership with us. Have a great day!

Questions?                                         

If you have additional quesions, please reply to this email or contact us by phone during our business hours of Monday – Friday 7:00am – 7:00pm PST and Saturday 9:00am – 1:00pm PST at 1-800-233-2328 or 206-439-5700.

Yeah definitely out of area, I was on the other side of the coast at New Jersey at that time. Now im in Kentucky. 

Message 32 of 42
Royalbacon
Frequent Contributor

Got another email saying "Next steps" Thought it was going to be for providing documents to verify my identity and such, but nope! So far so good still!!! becuemail.png

Kohl's Credit Card $3000 Limit (Opened October 2016) Survived Bankruptcy for whatever reason
Closed Capital One Venture One $3000 Limit (Opened December 2020, Closed by me September 2022 since I wanted the SavorOne and couldn't product change to it)
Sam's Club Mastercard Synchrony Bank $2500 Limit (Opened March 30 2023) (Burned Synchrony in my CH7 BK, One card with a $745 balance)
Message 33 of 42
creditfan
Established Contributor

I believe mail it out has highly chance of straight out approval because they will have physical proof of your eligibility. Unnecessary to go back and forth

just my 0.02

Message 34 of 42
Royalbacon
Frequent Contributor

I joined online a week ago from Minnesota and had instant approval. There has been no back and forth. I just deposited like $40 in the account once I received my debit card and am making a handful of small purchases the first month and just laying low til I make it my primary account and switch my direct deposit over. I'm just continuing to provide updates here on my journey for others that may be looking to join in the future.

Based on the fact that I read that any and all out of state applicants will get their account randomly locked til they provide verification i've been expecting it, but it has to yet to happen. It's looking more and more like I was one of the lucky ones I guess, or they just seemed to change very recently on how they handle out of state members.

Also pulled the trigger on a visa, and instantly approved for a cash back visa with a $5500 limit!!! 

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/BECU-Cash-Back-Visa-INSTANT-Approval-for-5500...

Message 35 of 42
AllZero
Mega Contributor

^ Congratulations on your approval!
Message 36 of 42
Green456
Established Contributor

@Royalbacon wrote:

I joined online a week ago from Minnesota and had instant approval. There has been no back and forth. I just deposited like $40 in the account once I received my debit card and am making a handful of small purchases the first month and just laying low til I make it my primary account and switch my direct deposit over. I'm just continuing to provide updates here on my journey for others that may be looking to join in the future.

Based on the fact that I read that any and all out of state applicants will get their account randomly locked til they provide verification i've been expecting it, but it has to yet to happen. It's looking more and more like I was one of the lucky ones I guess, or they just seemed to change very recently on how they handle out of state members.

Also pulled the trigger on a visa, and instantly approved for a cash back visa with a $5500 limit!!! 

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/BECU-Cash-Back-Visa-INSTANT-Approval-for-5500...

My bet is that earlier this year they started to change their policy and open up membership to out of state members. Probably people who tried to join early on were given hard time and hoops to jump through as policies were being changed and not all employees were on the same page. 

Message 37 of 42
Royalbacon
Frequent Contributor

3 weeks since I joined and no issues whatsoever. No randomly getting locked out of my accounts, no having to provide any documentation whatsoever. Everything has been awesome! I am from the Midwest and got no connection to Washington state or the Pacific Northwest or Boeing or any airline in any way, shape or form.

To recap

November 21-Joined NWCUF and as soon as I got the comfirmation email I applied for BECU membership, SP only and instantly approved and immediately granted me access to Online banking. Aboslutely no documentation, ID, paystubs, utility bills, social security card, NWCUF welcome email or anything required. Online application doesn't ask for a NWCUF member number or anything.

November 29-Applied for Cash Back Visa card. Instantly approved and only thing I had to do was E-sign a document. No POI or paystubs or ID or anything else required.

And now December 12 nothing has changed. No request for any documents or anything, no locking me out of online banking randomly because I am out of state, nada zilch zero.

Message 38 of 42
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

Well I just joined BECU online after joining NWCUF. So far no problems. I only joined to take advantage of the 6% APR on savings and the 4% APR on checking. If I get approval for a credit card, I will think about it. I already have more than enough, so I'm not wasting a HP yet.

I have to wait a few days for the verification deposits for the external transfer feature to process before I can start depositing money. I'm not sure if I can deposit with the mobile app, but I don't want to rock the boat, so I will wait. 

I am hoping they don't go geo on me and close my account. 

Anyone have an issues with them yet?

Guyatthebeach

Message 39 of 42
Royalbacon
Frequent Contributor

No issues so far with me yet and it's been over a month since i've joined!

Message 40 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.