Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chasepay won’t work with Walmartpay on iOS

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chasepay won’t work @ Walmart or with Walmartpay

@Remedios wrote:
Version 18. 20.6 , walmart pay is built in walmart app.
Is your card showing in chase pay?
yeah, i got v. 18.20.5, from Dec 18...diff version for iPhone...and yes, i have my cards in Chasepay, just can't add it to Walmartpay.....Yes, sems limited to Iphones..Killing me too, as i wanted that 5%, too.
Message 11 of 14
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@ChargedUp wrote:
I actually tried using Samsung Pay/Chase Pay at WalMart Neighborhood Market today and kept getting "Card Read Error" when I put my phone up to the pin pad... I finally gave up and used my actual card to pay, which worked fine.

Samsung Pay is always squirrelly at Walmart for me. 

Occasionally it will work on the first try and there are times where it won't work at all, with most attempts being somewhere in-between.  In addition, at Walmart any Amex always gives a flat-out 'decline' on the first attempt with SPay, but works on the second try (I've read of others having this same issue, but it might not be everyone).  This is with any card on the Amex network, even my WF Propel Amex.  For this reason I usually avoid SPay at Walmart unless there's a promotion.

If you have a Samsung phone I would recommend bypassing SPay and linking Chase Pay to WMPay instead for the best results.  This will allow you to submit the receipt to Savings Catcher as well.  Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

uncleB, since we have determined the issue is isolated to Iphones, would it be appropriate to edit the name of the thread, and if so, how?
Message 13 of 14
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Chasepay won’t work with Walmartpay on iOS

@Anonymous wrote:
uncleB, since we have determined the issue is isolated to Iphones, would it be appropriate to edit the name of the thread, and if so, how?

Yep, I agree. 

I edited it for you, and if you want to change it further you can do so by editing your first post in the thread and updating it there.

Since this is primarily about payment technology I'm also moving the thread to 'Personal Finance'.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.