Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chex System Authentication

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chex System Authentication

Ok very odd.

I have applied to NASA FCU 3 times and was just informed by the CSR that the issue was they could not authenticate or validate my identity... I supplied my DL, SSC and Utility Bill to verify my address DL number has never changed... They said they use Chex System and they were the ones who could not authenticate or validate my identity. Ordered my report from them...

But has anyone else come across this? No issues w other banks or credit unions... Thanks

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

Re: Chex System Authentication

Pull your Chex System report. See what’s reported
AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@afbar1114 wrote:
Pull your Chex System report. See what’s reported

Did just that 5 days before it will arrive...

Message 3 of 5
Cookiegrabber
Regular Contributor

I've had that happen a lot, but then I'm in a rural area with no physical mail delivery by USPS (and no house numbers, just street names), so I figured that was the problem. Also a BMV that's probably not connected to the rest of the country. Worst ever offender was American Airlines FCU, where I sent 15+ different documents and they still refused to believe I was who I was. I mean, how do you prove that you're you if your legal documentation is worth jack to the reader?

Starting Scores: No Scores (03/2018)
Current Scores: 779 - 789 (08/2023)
Goal Scores: 780 across the board

Current Total Credit Limit: $109,900 (08/2023)
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cookiegrabber wrote:

I've had that happen a lot, but then I'm in a rural area with no physical mail delivery by USPS (and no house numbers, just street names), so I figured that was the problem. Also a BMV that's probably not connected to the rest of the country. Worst ever offender was American Airlines FCU, where I sent 15+ different documents and they still refused to believe I was who I was. I mean, how do you prove that you're you if your legal documentation is worth jack to the reader?

Totally agree with you. Approved for a DCU membership so not understanding the NASA FCU Chex System issue, ordered the report so will update what I find... 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.