cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does SDFCU do a hard pull for membership?

tag
folks19
Frequent Contributor

Does SDFCU do a hard pull for membership?

If you are a member of SDFCU, did they do a HP when you applied for membership (without applying for a loan at the same time)? When did you apply?

Different people are reporting different things regarding the HP for membership. When I asked SDFCU, they told me they do a hard pull for membership, but the agent may have not really known (That happens a lot with credit unions), so I want to hear from others what experience they had? Please also add when you applied, as things may have changed.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
minski
Established Contributor

Re: Does SDFCU do a hard pull for membership?

July 31, 2018
They pulled EX. I think, though, that I applied for a card at the same time since that was my primary goal.

Edit to say: I double checked my records. Looks like it was EX pull for membership. I actually app'ed for the card on Sept 28, 2018 which was another EX pull. 

Message 2 of 10
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@folks19 wrote:

If you are a member of SDFCU, did they do a HP when you applied for membership (without applying for a loan at the same time)? When did you apply?

Different people are reporting different things regarding the HP for membership. When I asked SDFCU, they told me they do a hard pull for membership, but the agent may have not really known (That happens a lot with credit unions), so I want to hear from others what experience they had? Please also add when you applied, as things may have changed.

Pulled EX for membership.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 3 of 10
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

I joined in 2013 and back then it was a SP Heart

Message 4 of 10
MrT_521
Regular Contributor

SDFCU pulled Experian FICO 2 for me. I applied for membership and a credit card simultaneously. I don't know if they would have done a hard pull if I had not applied for a credit card at the same time.

Personal Cards

Business Cards

Debit Cards

FICO 8 Scores (as of Dec 14, 2022)

Message 5 of 10
Semi_Lost_Hiker
Valued Member

@folks19 wrote:

I applied for membership only in July 2019 and it was a hard pull on EX.

Message 6 of 10
calyx
Super Contributor

2019 here - hard pull on EX.

They use the FICO2 score for everything (FYI)

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 7 of 10
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@calyx wrote:

They use the FICO2 score for everything (FYI)

Yup! And when I joined back in 2013, an SDFCU employee told me 720+ puts you in the running for best terms on APR.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I applied for membership in December 2018, they hard pulled me on Experian and ChexSystems.

I did NOT apply for any credit/loan products at that time, only membership.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

When I applied for membership in December 2018, they hard pulled me on Experian and ChexSystems.

I did NOT apply for any credit/loan products at that time, only membership.

FYI, I opened checking and savings at the same time.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.