4Jan 2019  8831
5Feb 2019  8455
6Jan 2014  8129
7Dec 2018  7269
8Feb 2014  6721
9May 2019  5787
10Nov 2013  5680
Did Not CompleteJun 2019  5444

June still deserves a participation trophy.

🏆

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 112 of 5,282
outofcredit
Established Contributor

Re: Garden Club - July 2019

Happy July everyone!!  Still here and wishing everyone keeps or meets their credit goals.  Summer is here, enjoy it!

Instead of waiting for the storm to pass, I've learned to dance in the rain.
Message 113 of 5,282
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

I cancelled my crappy so-we-don't-lose-the-house-in-an-emergency health insurance this morning, as my new work insurance starts today. Felt good, real good! 😀

Also, I'll get five days back, since they prorate the difference. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 114 of 5,282
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

I've been feeding the dog Kirkland senior food for a bit now. No complaints, but she'll eat anything. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 115 of 5,282
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@RicHowe wrote:

New AMEX offers are live. I got a buncha restaurants Smiley Sad

Yeah, tons of high end local places in my lists.  I did add Pizza Hut for 2 additional MRs per dollar on Gold.  Smiley LOL

Message 116 of 5,282
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Adkins wrote:

@expatCanuck wrote:

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

interesting article for dog owners (no paywall)

https://www.boston.com/news/animals/2019/06/30/fda-links-16-brands-of-dog-food-to-canine-heart-disea...

Well, that's scary because I've been feeding Nature's Variety to mine Smiley Sad

Mine eats nutro

As does ours (courtesy a recommendation from @Adkins.

I saw that article, and figured someone would pick it up here. Yeah, I'm sorry I recommended it. 👎👎

Don't be sorry, based upon what was (publicly) known it was a solid recommendation. FWIW I would have made it myself, mine gets both Nutro and Blue Buffalo and I had been feeding her grain-free.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 117 of 5,282
calyx
Super Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

interesting article for dog owners (no paywall)

https://www.boston.com/news/animals/2019/06/30/fda-links-16-brands-of-dog-food-to-canine-heart-disea...

Completely random, but between sister being a vet and me working on the research side of lab animal medicine and us being dog owners/lovers, we're always comparing notes re: dog food.

A number of my friends whose dogs have had heart issues have been recruited for grain free studies, so it's something I've been keeping an eye on, and I'm surprised we're already seeing the FDA comment on it.   One thing to note, is that it's not the quality of the foods being studied (though don't get me started on BlueBuffalo), but the ingredients.    I've only kept one dog on grain free food, and that was because she was having health issues with grains after having been on chemo.

What I kind of hate, is that it's really hard to find good quality sourced food without it going to grain free/odd filler diets.   I choose dog foods based on where and how the food is sourced, and unfortunately, those that source to my satisfaction tend to also run into the diets that are higher protein/grain free (which is unnecessary).  It's so frustrating - I am super careful (to the point of neurotic) about the source of ingredients, but don't necessarily want the foods made only of pure meat that comes from animals hunted by virgins with golden arrows, either. Smiley Frustrated 

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 118 of 5,282
Remedios
Credit Mentor

So, Precious increased to $9k

As soon as new account anxiety is over, I will be totally done with credit for a while 

Message 119 of 5,282
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Instead of just playing catch up at the hotel job yesterday, my team decided to knock it out. Finished a day early. Had we not had issues a couple if days ago, we would have finished 2 days ahead of schedule. Manager owes us lunch. We also got an extra day off. May head out to look at that S2000.

Message 120 of 5,282
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.