Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club - October 2018

tag
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Garden Club - October 2018

Good morning, everyone.  Too much time trying to be "Front Page News" in The Garden Club last night and not enough sleep (or coffee).  A month later after zero movement, I gained a point on Experian!  Like I've been saying, it's better than going the other direction.  Hopefully I should see a bit of movement (maybe?) this month in scores.  My last new account has hit 6 months, I have one INQ turning a year and another INQ turning 6 months on TU, and I have a pair of INQs turning 6 months on EX.  Will pull all 3 scores on Wednesday.

Message 61 of 4,102
Anonymous
Not applicable

Checking it for October; good morning everyone.

Let's go Brewers, beat those hated Cubbies Smiley Very Happy

Message 62 of 4,102
bizarrocreditworld
Valued Contributor

Hello again, everyone.

Now that I've gotten some more sleep and drank my morning coffee, I can spend a few minutes here.

Went to the Rutgers game against Indiana on Saturday. You know how when you turn on the television for a major college football game you always see full stands. You wouldn't have seen any on Saturday. I was the only one in my section and the two next to me were empty. I don't expect that to be the case next month when Michigan and Penn State visit on back to back weeks.

Wednesday is six months since I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. The blood sugar stays excellent and I was allowed to reduce testing to once a day (in the morning). I've also found out that I've lost almost 50 pounds since the surgery at the beginning of the year. I've still got another 30 or so to go, but it's moving along rather quickly.

I've decided to persue a second master's degree starting in the spring in Data Analytics through the University of Maryland's online program. I was automatically accepted since I have a master's degree and two semesters of graduate level statistics under my belt. If I didn't, I would have had to take the GRE again and finish in the top 25 percent.

Anyway, take care of yourselves and give yourselves credit for taking take of your credit. I have to admit, I admire the way this group manages themselves. It's always good to stop by and see what's going on.

No credit news is good credit news!
Message 63 of 4,102
bizarrocreditworld
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Mornin' peeps, happy October.

My wealthy sister visited me from CT this weekend.  We had fun.  We went out to eat so I caught a glimpse of the card she was carrying... a BoA Travel Rewards, of all things.  I'm sure it's got a limit hundreds of times mine, if it has one at all.

Not much else happening here, just proceeding with life even if it's falling apart.  Continuing my garden goal of saving, up to 12% now.  I messaged Chase and had them reverse my CLI and not give me any more in the future, so all my limits will permanently stay put now.  CLIs are short lived in my world, and usually result in an equal or larger CLD shortly afterward.

You really have a mature and conservative (in a good waySmiley Wink) view on credit. Mad respect. I am trying to adopt this mentality. So is DS. Smiley Wink

I join Creditwarrior in the show of respect with regards to your view on credit.

No credit news is good credit news!
Message 64 of 4,102
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bizarrocreditworld wrote:

@Anonymous

I join Creditwarrior in the show of respect with regards to your view on credit.

Hating debt helps...

Message 65 of 4,102
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Checking it for October; good morning everyone.

Let's go Brewers, beat those hated Cubbies Smiley Very Happy

Go Brewers!   I wish my Cardinals had done better for you yesterday. 

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Garden Goal is All Reports Clean – Achieved 11/26/20
Message 66 of 4,102
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Good morning, everyone.  Too much time trying to be "Front Page News" in The Garden Club last night and not enough sleep (or coffee).  A month later after zero movement, I gained a point on Experian!  Like I've been saying, it's better than going the other direction.  Hopefully I should see a bit of movement (maybe?) this month in scores.  My last new account has hit 6 months, I have one INQ turning a year and another INQ turning 6 months on TU, and I have a pair of INQs turning 6 months on EX.  Will pull all 3 scores on Wednesday.

That's great! Smiley Happy When I woke this morning, my EX went from 584 to 592 (need to update siggy) for no apparent reason. I have lots of charge-offs, so I guess my near 5-year AAoA is helping me out? Smiley Wink

Message 67 of 4,102
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

That's great! Smiley Happy When I woke this morning, my EX went from 584 to 592 (need to update siggy) for no apparent reason. I have lots of charge-offs, so I guess my near 5-year AAoA is helping me out? Smiley Wink

+1

Never underestimate the power of time...  Smiley Wink

Oh, and congrats on the bump!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 68 of 4,102
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good morning all. After 3 years of work I finally have all 3 credit bureau's in the yellow range Smiley Happy Hope everyone has a great October!

Message 69 of 4,102
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

Let's see...October is a big credit month for me. 

- EX score went up 2 points and I still have lower balances and 2 zero balances to report in the next week. No need to app for the rest of the year or in quarter 1 of next.

- Almost all of my cards are eligible for CLI requests. My PlayStation already got one that will show on the 10th or 11th. Hopefully I can get some more over the 1k mark.

- My QS will also be eligible for upgrade. If one is available, I'll be hopefully changing it to the Savor1. I still want to change my QS1 and keep it because it's my oldest card, but if I can PC the QS, and i dont receive an offer by the time I pay the QS1 down, I'l be combining the QS1 into the QS/Savor1.

- My 0% offer ends November 3rd, so I need to bring that balance down to 0. Speaking of paying off, I no longer need my self-lender as I have an auto loan, should I pay it off? Think I'm at about the 50% mark. Or should I just let it ride?

- Starting my settlement payments on 1 of my last 3 charge offs this week. Also starting negotiations on my largest one.

- My Discover has been sitting at a -$4.42 balance for the last 2 weeks. Hopefully it graduates this month. Think I'm starting month 15.

And non-credit related, Notre Dame(my team) is playing here against Navy(I'm an ex-squid), at SDCCU(my main bank) Stadium, and it's sponsored by NFCU(my new bank and possible main). I bought tickets last October when they first became available. Keep an eye out for me. I'll be wearing the -1 kudos shirt.

I'd let it ride, since it's already set up anyway. I did the exact same thing, got a self lender loan and then an auto loan. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 70 of 4,102
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.