Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU early direct deposit

tag
AnimatorProcrastinator
Regular Contributor

NFCU early direct deposit

I had read that you needed to request a pending deposit be released early several times before it would become automatic. Just wanted to provide a DP that I sent a secure message asking for early release and, according to this message, it is now automatically released early for me. The fact that the CSR specifically says "you dont need to ask again" I think means they were tired of the myfico gang calling in every two weeks to get their early DD to kick in 😆😂20200402_123004.jpg

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: NFCU early direct deposit

Thank you for sharing the information.
Message 2 of 28
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Hahaha awesome!

Message 3 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was always a silly system anyway. Just do it automatically for everyone like DCU, PenFed and Langley do for their 2-day. Why make people jump through hoops?

Message 4 of 28
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

I didn't know you could request this. Thanks for posting!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 5 of 28
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

@AnimatorProcrastinator wrote:

I had read that you needed to request a pending deposit be released early several times before it would become automatic. Just wanted to provide a DP that I sent a secure message asking for early release and, according to this message, it is now automatically released early for me. The fact that the CSR specifically says "you dont need to ask again" I think means they were tired of the myfico gang calling in every two weeks to get their early DD to kick in 😆😂20200402_123004.jpg

I followed the wave and requested this "feature" as well. Here's the response I received from Navy:

Navy Federal Response 04/03/2020 :
Thank you for using Navy Federal's eMessaging Service, Mr. 19eighty5.  A recent update to our systems allow us to release a direct deposit one business day prior to the settlement date scheduled by your paying agency.

We have released your direct deposit.  We've also enrolled you in a program that will automatically release your direct deposits one business day early as a courtesy, so you won't have to call or visit a branch.  We recommend that you don't change your payment schedule with billers to correspond with an early release.  If you have the Optional Overdraft Protection Service (OOPS), the early release credit won't reset the OOPS repayment period or counter. The program will not release your direct deposit early if any of your accounts are delinquent, charged off or overdrawn.  If you have further questions, please let us know.  Have a great weekend!
FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 6 of 28
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

How early are we talking about here? 

Both my deposits are pending from this week but Chase already updated the available balance and I think did as soon as the transactions landed on my account early this morning.

        
Message 7 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Revelate wrote:

Both my deposits are pending from this week but Chase already updated the available balance and I think did as soon as the transactions landed on my account early this morning.

1 day early. You wait until your deposit shows pending and then reach out to ask them to release it. 

Message 8 of 28
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

1 day early. You wait until your deposit shows pending and then reach out to ask them to release it. 

So you're saying pay day becomes Thursday at what time?  Or is this just Friday which I get anyway?

        
Message 9 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Revelate wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

So you're saying pay day becomes Thursday at what time?  Or is this just Friday which I get anyway?

I don't know how it works since I never gave them my direct deposit, I have just been guiding people on how to establish it since seeing a post about it on here some time ago. Hopefully someone else can give you more info. 

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.