Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal Bill pay issues

Get your FICO Score for free

No credit card required

cr101
Established Contributor

Paypal Bill pay issues

Has this service always worked this way, where after your first payment for a biller, it won't let you select the payment method? You're just supposed to let it select a payment method from your wallet. 🤣The site says that the payment could be taken from any payment method in your wallet. I clicked 'submit payment' bc I thought for sure that there would be another page with payment options. Nope. It submitted a payment and the receipt has a checking acct and a backup card. I don't know which they attempted to take the funds from already. Luckily, the checking account is with a bank that doesn't charge NSF fees. They'll just reject the payment. And, the backup card is my rewards card that I actually wanted to use. I'm just seriously shocked that they would think that this would be a good idea.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Bill77
Contributor

Re: Paypal Bill pay issues

Sounds like you set up an "Automatic Payment."  Go into Settings, then Payments, then Manage Automatic Payments, and check.

Message 2 of 3
cr101
Established Contributor

Re: Paypal Bill pay issues

@Bill77 wrote:

Sounds like you set up an "Automatic Payment."  Go into Settings, then Payments, then Manage Automatic Payments, and check.

Perfect! Thank you! I had no idea that "Automatic Payments" were set up for all of the companies that I paid or even knew about that section of the site that you directed me to. Thanks again!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.