Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal Bill pay issues

tag
cr101
Established Contributor

Paypal Bill pay issues

Has this service always worked this way, where after your first payment for a biller, it won't let you select the payment method? You're just supposed to let it select a payment method from your wallet. 🤣The site says that the payment could be taken from any payment method in your wallet. I clicked 'submit payment' bc I thought for sure that there would be another page with payment options. Nope. It submitted a payment and the receipt has a checking acct and a backup card. I don't know which they attempted to take the funds from already. Luckily, the checking account is with a bank that doesn't charge NSF fees. They'll just reject the payment. And, the backup card is my rewards card that I actually wanted to use. I'm just seriously shocked that they would think that this would be a good idea.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Bill77
Regular Contributor

Re: Paypal Bill pay issues

Sounds like you set up an "Automatic Payment."  Go into Settings, then Payments, then Manage Automatic Payments, and check.

Message 2 of 3
cr101
Established Contributor

Re: Paypal Bill pay issues

@Bill77 wrote:

Sounds like you set up an "Automatic Payment."  Go into Settings, then Payments, then Manage Automatic Payments, and check.

Perfect! Thank you! I had no idea that "Automatic Payments" were set up for all of the companies that I paid or even knew about that section of the site that you directed me to. Thanks again!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.