Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed Personal Loan Approved!

tag
marypoppins70
New Contributor

PenFed Personal Loan Approved!

Just had to share my recent experience with PenFed.  Back in July 2018 I applied for and was approved for a PenFed Pathfinder Rewards AMEX with a $10k CL.  I was very excited! Then as I was lurking on the MF boards I saw that many of you guys that are PenFed customers were receiving unsecured personal loan checks in the mail. 

Of course, being a relatively new customer I was pretty sure it was too early in the process for me to receive one too, but just a couple of weeks ago (Nov 23) I thought for fun and giggles I'd go on their site and apply for a personal loan to consolidate some of my credit cards.  A few minutes later I was approved!  $15,000 for 5 years at 9.9%!! So excited! My score at the time was 772 (Exp - now its up to 780) with several inquiries.  Made the request at around 4:00pm on a Friday, received check and paperwork in the mail the following Tuesday the 27th!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Re: PenFed Personal Loan Approved!

Congratulations on your approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 2 of 4
Nayola
Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 3 of 4
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval Op! When you have Penfed on your side and willing to give to you, it can be a nice relationship.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.