PenFed Personal Loan Pre approved Check

tag
SarahJo
Established Contributor

Re: PenFed Personal Loan Pre approved Check

@Anonymous wrote:

@SarahJo wrote:

I received one as well, glad the question was asked Smiley Wink

Is this something PenFed sends periodically?  I've been a member for years but just recently started putting the accounts to use. 

Do you have any credit products with them SarahJo? I just have a savings account.

On the back of your paperwork does it say which credit bureau they pulled? They used Experian for me. 

Anusara:  I have a savings, checking, and CLOC with PenFed.  The back of the paperwork they sent says they pulled Experian as well ;-)  That's my lowest score so it's kind of a bummer they pull that one...I thought I remember them sourcing Equifax once upon a time.

Present Day...Equifax: ???, TransUnion: 777, Experian: 781
Sept. 2016...Equifax: 652, TransUnion: 608, Experian: 597
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Opening this thread back up

I got one last week for 25k @6.49APR. Same APR for 12-60 months.. which I have never seen.

Usually APR goes up with the term. Wish I actually needed it for something ...

PS other penfec: 50k promise visa, 15k PLOC

All my debit is 0 or 5% via PenFed or NFCU Bal trans (12 mo intro)

Wish I could pay off my lease with it ...but I think the car loan would be more like 4% APR.

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received the same thing last week. Blank check sent to my home, 14.94% APR, choice of term length. My FICO score at their last pull was 696. I’ve never received anything else preapproved from them. I was really surprised!
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also received one, but it really wasn't helpful since my balances are pretty much zero interest such as a long term Home Depot purchase and Care Credit. I like the idea that they do that, though. At some point, I may definitely use one. Thanks for posting this. I was really interested in learning more about the checks.

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do you get a lower interest rate with this pre approval, wuthout a hardpull? Has anyone called and renogotiated a lower rate?

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.