Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about Tally

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Questions about Tally

I was wondering if anyone uses tally for their credit cards. When you apply for a line, is it a soft pull or hard pull? Which bureau do they pull from? Also, do they report history such as payments made to the line, balances, etc?

I’m asking because I’ve considered signing up for the service, but I’d prefer it not showing a new account added to my report and all of that other jazz.
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
emily15
Regular Contributor

Re: Questions about Tally

Id like to know the answer to this also! Thinking about getting tally to save some interest on a couple of accounts but would like to avoid the ‘new account’ if possible. Hopefully someone answers!
Message 2 of 15
emily15
Regular Contributor

Oh and it was a Soft pull, not sure where from yet..
Message 3 of 15
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Tally LOC now has an early preview release for Android

Wasn’t quite sure where to post this because Tally loc is a meta-credit card of sorts but for those interested. Tally now is avalible as an early preview or a public beta in the Google app store
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Tally LOC now has an early preview release for Android

It seems like a good idea, but I’m a little confused how they pay off your cards or just how tally works in general. I never heard of tally until stumbling across your post. I wonder will you know apr before accepting loc? How long do you have loc?
Message 5 of 15
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Basically you pay tally and Tally pays your cards...

If it sees a balance on a card with a higher APR than its own it will transfer it to itself...

There was a thread about it awhile back...

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Personal-Finance/Anyone-use-Tally/td-p/4921496  

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Personal-Finance/Questions-about-Tally/td-p/5359798

Iv had the account for at least a year now... (back when it was IOS only)..

I'm going from memory but the interface has/is changed from the initial signups... I was told the APR offered before i accepted it...

Its somewhat hidden and it was a SP to app if i recall...  It's been awhile since iv signed up.. and i have used it a couple of times...

Do realize you need a decent score to get approved.. 660 and up, And since the prime has gone up.. so hasn't Tally.... 

The other.. I was hoping for an occasional CLI increase or an offer for a better APR tier esp on this kinda product based on scores.. Still haven't seen either of those...

I like it.. its not as good as playing the BT roulette game but you know its avalible, and its a lot less hassle, and you do save a little bit on balances) 

-J

(Mods can someone tag @Anonymous to see if they can add to this thread since the product has changed since its release and see if they would add their insight) 

Message 6 of 15
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@joltdude wrote:

(Mods can someone tag @Anonymous to see if they can add to this thread since the product has changed since its release and see if they would add their insight) 

Done.  Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 15
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Theres actually an old thread on Tally and a new thread on Tally

The older thread

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Personal-Finance/Anyone-use-Tally/td-p/4921496

The new thread also announcing their Android software as well...

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Personal-Finance/Tally-LOC-now-has-an-early-preview-release-for-And...

Also have contacted them on social media to poke them to come back here since folks are curious about their product again..

-J

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently applied and it is a soft pull from Experian. I haven’t starting using my line yet but from what I read it’s a hidden trade line (like PayPal credit).

I guess I’ll find out soon if it shows on my report. It’s been one week since approval.
Message 9 of 15
emily15
Regular Contributor

Yes thank you! I confirmed with a Tally rep they do not report to CB
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.