Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Quest for an SSL alternative to Alliant

tag
MrZero
Regular Contributor

Re: The Quest for an SSL alternative to Alliant

@Anonymous wrote:

Unfortunately it's up to UW discretion. 36 months is still plenty of time and you can renew it at that point if you want to without taking too much of an AAoA hit. I think you are the first one to get told no for 60 months when offering $3010 though so thanks for the DP. 

Of course, just my luck. I might not need it after three years anyway since I imagine that by then I'll probably need an installment loan of some sort.

Updated 8/12/22.

Total Inquiries: EX: 1|TU: 1|EQ: 1
Derogs: 0
AAoA: 2Y1M
AoOA: 2Y6M.
AoYA: 1Y1M.
Total CL: 57,600
Utilization: ~1%

Message 401 of 468
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@MrZero wrote:

Well, I didn't intend on this being my first post here but I applied for an NFCU SSL (I joined three weeks ago) this morning for the $3,010 I had deposited for it because of running that risk, got an e-mail about a half hour later about needing additional information. Waited for that message but it never came so I called in about a half hour ago and just got off the phone with a rep. The issue was needing to agree to the shortened term they offered, it wasn't 48, 46 or whatever shortened terms some have gotten recently, no it was only for 36 months. Smiley Mad Still agreed but not particularly happy about losing a whole two years. The rep I talked to went back and forth with the UW but she still didn't know the reason for such a short term. I'll have to wait until I get their letter in the mail to possibly know the reasoning for it.

Wow!  ..Sorry to hear thisSmiley Sad

I'd sure  like to know the reasoning for this Smiley Indifferent

Message 402 of 468
MrZero
Regular Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@MrZero wrote:

Well, I didn't intend on this being my first post here but I applied for an NFCU SSL (I joined three weeks ago) this morning for the $3,010 I had deposited for it because of running that risk, got an e-mail about a half hour later about needing additional information. Waited for that message but it never came so I called in about a half hour ago and just got off the phone with a rep. The issue was needing to agree to the shortened term they offered, it wasn't 48, 46 or whatever shortened terms some have gotten recently, no it was only for 36 months. Smiley Mad Still agreed but not particularly happy about losing a whole two years. The rep I talked to went back and forth with the UW but she still didn't know the reason for such a short term. I'll have to wait until I get their letter in the mail to possibly know the reasoning for it.

Wow!  ..Sorry to hear thisSmiley Sad

I'd sure  like to know the reasoning for this Smiley Indifferent

Well, it's been almost three weeks, got four envelopes from NFCU today and thought maybe one was a letter that'd include the reasoning for it but it none of them were about it. One was my new CR card, the cost of credit letter, the "welcome" for the card and one for enrolling in their automated phone system. Maybe I should've given it a little more time before applying for it? *shrug*

Updated 8/12/22.

Total Inquiries: EX: 1|TU: 1|EQ: 1
Derogs: 0
AAoA: 2Y1M
AoOA: 2Y6M.
AoYA: 1Y1M.
Total CL: 57,600
Utilization: ~1%

Message 403 of 468
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all, I've been lurking this thread for the past week. Thanks for all the great info and heads ups.

I opened NFCU accounts this past Friday, and now I just got off the phone with NFCU - I applied for a SSL. Will be making a more detailed post of my experience and DPs soon!

Message 404 of 468
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all, I've been lurking this thread for the past week. Thanks for all the great info and heads ups.

I opened NFCU accounts this past Friday, and now I just got off the phone with NFCU - I applied for a SSL. Will be making a more detailed post of my experience and DPs soon!

Welcome to the Navy family ... Congrats!

Message 405 of 468
Anonymous
Not applicable

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Welcome to the Navy family ... Congrats!

Thank you! I was approved for the SSL earlier; details to come soon. Now for a CC app spree 🤪

Message 406 of 468
Anonymous
Not applicable

My detailed post about my NFCU SSL experience (thus far) is up! Click here. Thanks for all the intel, guys!

Message 407 of 468
MrPepperoni
Regular Contributor

Hi all, somebody referred me to this thread yesterday and I am curious if anybody used SSFCU? 

Moved to the US in August 2018.
Applied for Citi Costco in November 2018 - Denied due to lack of history (no history).
Started building credit in January 2019. Please hover over each card:

Also have Chase Marriott Bonvoy Bold (6 months old, $11k limit)
Bilt Credit Card (6 months old, $2k limit)
Amex Hilton Honors Surpass (1 month old, $16k limit)
Two paid off auto loans ($20.5K and $15.7K)

Message 408 of 468
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@MrPepperoni wrote:

Hi all, somebody referred me to this thread yesterday and I am curious if anybody used SSFCU? 

First page they were tested a while back and work.

Not sure when CGID last updated it but the info should be solid there.

        
Message 409 of 468
Remedios
Credit Mentor

SSFCU is mentioned in the second post.

I can update as needed, as long as it's clearly spelled so I can copy and paste 🤦‍♀️

Message 410 of 468
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.