Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Goodwill Success!!!! 2017

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Goodwill Success!!!! 2017

Just wanted to send some inspiration to anyone that may feel uncertain about attempting Goodwill letters for late payments. Based on some information that I found on these discussion boards I decided to give capital one a try. I had a 60 day late payment dating back to Jan & Feb 2017. I have had my credit card since 2011 and never made a late payment except for these two months. I sent a Goodwill letter via email to the capital one CEO on 3/15/17. On 3/19 I received a telephone call from a lady at the capital one executive office. She was very pleasant and wanted to let me know that my request was received and she was investigating the issue. She left her contact info in case I had any questions. On 3/26 I checked my credit report and to my surprise, the late payment was removed from all 3 of my credit reports. On 3/28 the same lady called me to inform me of their decision to grant my request. She said that it would take 60 days for the update to post to reports. But unbeknownst to her, the changes updated immediately. My fico 8 went up an avg 22 points across the three bureaus. This was my first try at a Goodwill letter. And I couldn't hold back this info. If anyone needs a Goodwill...then capital one is the place to get it! Good Luck!
Message 1 of 53
52 REPLIES 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Goodwill Success!!!! 2017

Good job on the GW!  I do wonder though if that would work on older lates with Cap One.

Message 2 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great story, thanks for sharing! I just got done writing up my first letter to them after reviewing my credit report. It appears the couple of lates I have with them occurred when I had to travel for work or was in between jobs. Other than these, I have stellar payment history with them. Before you say anything I do know how to avoid this now (autopay, etc.), but these occurred a few years back when I was still none the wiser. Nobody's perfect lol.

Message 3 of 53
BNA111
Valued Member

Wow Congrats !!!

Message 4 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! Is there any chance that you can dm me the email that you used?

Message 5 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for sharing your news. Congrats! I have the same request.  Would you mind sending me a DM with the goodwill letter/email template that you used?  I have two Capital 1 cards that I am seeking help with.  Any info given will be greatly appreciated! Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. I have a current capital one card however I have baddie that's still reporting from over 10 years. I'm curious if they would consider removing since I'm a current customer that is in good standing with them. Would you mind sharing template/info with me as well. Any info would be appreciated. Again, congrats on being one step closer to your goal.
Message 7 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

awesome, congrats. I have a 30 day late on my cap one auto that I am going to attempt a good will.

Based on your post i am looking forward to a positive outcome.
Message 8 of 53
A1Credit
Established Contributor

Congratulations!  Do you mind sharing the email you used to me?  I would greatly appreciate it.  

***Gardening 3/29/2018 until 9/25/2018***

FICO 8 Scores: EQ~692 l TU~657 l EX~669
Message 9 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's always a good idea to write a GW request that is different from others. Your circumstances that caused the CO or lates. You want the reader to feel for you thus wanting to help you.

It's fine to look at other people's letters to get the idea. When I had two GW chargeoff deletions simotaniusly from Capital One that were granted on my first email. My letter involved no rhetoric or how wonderful Capital One is (even though they are).

My email was one paragraph that was compelling to the person reading it. 

Message 10 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.