Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freedom Mortgage?

tag
SSH0126
Established Contributor

Freedom Mortgage?

Anyone had success getting a late payment removed with Freedom Mortgage?

5 REPLIES 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Freedom Mortgage?

Never seen it. If its 1 30 day late. After 2 yrs it isnt doing much damage any longer. All you can do is the GW letter chain.

Message 2 of 6
wife2froggy
Contributor

Nope. They 100% refuse. If you were late, they tell you it's your fault and then file a dispute on your behalf since you are "disagreeing" with their reporting. Now you have to get the dispute removed and deal with the late.

On the road!
FICO 8 6/15/17 EQ 591 // TU 570 // EX 606

FICO 8 03/15/2021 EQ 702 // TU 700 // EX 699
Message 3 of 6
wife2froggy
Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Never seen it. If its 1 30 day late. After 2 yrs it isnt doing much damage any longer. All you can do is the GW letter chain.

I'd disagree with this. The ONLY late on my CR is 1 30 day from Freedom Mortgage in 2018. It's still the reason for decline on several applications (too many delinquent payments, or not enough accounts paid on time) I have several cards, car payment, mortgage, etc and that one single late from 5 years ago still haunts me. A late mortgage payment is far more detrimental than anything else. My DH has a couple of lates on a CC from 2020 and they don't affect his approvals at all now.

I asked for a courtesy removal (I paid May's payment on June 2) and was turned down.

On the road!
FICO 8 6/15/17 EQ 591 // TU 570 // EX 606

FICO 8 03/15/2021 EQ 702 // TU 700 // EX 699
Message 4 of 6
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@wife2froggy wrote:

@FireMedic1 wrote:

I'd disagree with this. The ONLY late on my CR is 1 30 day from Freedom Mortgage in 2018. It's still the reason for decline on several applications (too many delinquent payments, or not enough accounts paid on time) I have several cards, car payment, mortgage, etc and that one single late from 5 years ago still haunts me. A late mortgage payment is far more detrimental than anything else. My DH has a couple of lates on a CC from 2020 and they don't affect his approvals at all now.

I asked for a courtesy removal (I paid May's payment on June 2) and was turned down.

I think it's very much profile-dependent, but there's a chart floating around here that corroborates what @FireMedic1 is saying. In your case, whatever companies you've applied for may just be weighing that one late heavily against you. But it may not be the only factor or even the main factor in your denials (they're required by law to give you *a* reason, but that doesn't mean it's the main reason).

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 5 of 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@wife2froggy 

OP was asking about a 30 day late removal. Never seen it. I was talking about not hitting @SSH0126  scores as much after 2 yrs. Some lenders like squeaky clean files. Sorry you've been denied yrs after.

Got it@OmarGB9 

fico8 lates versus time.png

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.